jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should men still do all the chasing when it comes to finding a new relationship?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Should men still do all the chasing when it comes to finding a new relationship?

2. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

Yes! Thats the fun of being a guy, the hunting smile

3. Levertis Steele profile image85
    Levertis Steeleposted 6 years ago

Society has mostly taught women that it is not ladylike to chase men, although some do it boldly. Women who chase men are sometimes called "whores." This puts many women at a disadvantage. If they observe a good man that they really like, they just hope that he can read their minds and approach them. What a rap for women! I was never as aggressive, but I admire a woman who has the guts to go for what she thinks is best for her. I came from "the old school" and was chosen. I never had the nerves to approach a man, except the ones on a TV screen.

4. R Pseudomen profile image78
    R Pseudomenposted 6 years ago

Men race, women chase.

We don't always know our place in the beginning of any relationship, even of a friendship, what the boundaries may be.

But it's guaranteed that if you don't speak up you'll lose love every time.

5. advice2give profile image60
    advice2giveposted 6 years ago

I would choose to say the aggressor/ pursuer. Speaking from my own experience....if I had waited, I may still be waiting. The man may be shy and not sure how to approach a woman he is interested in. Sometimes all the man needs is that "door" to be open and things can evolve. Its the getting there that can hold him back. So in short, no. smile

6. Hubpage Gal profile image60
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Men should do all the chasing when it comes to finding a new relationship.  Men are the pursuers because of their aggressive behavior and are most likely to make the first move when attracted to a woman.  If a woman makes the first move, because of the culture, she could be deemed as being desperate.  For that reason which is to honor a woman's self respect, the man should do all of the chasing.