jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What comes first..love or life?

1. BeTheMessage1 profile image75
    BeTheMessage1posted 6 years ago

What comes first..love or life?

What comes first? Is it love or life. I found myself contemplating this today and would love some of your feedback.

2. kmaskreations profile image72
    kmaskreationsposted 6 years ago

For God so loved (first) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (second). John 3:16

3. profile image0
    onlookerposted 6 years ago

call me stupid but it's definitely love. Who wouldn't be a sucker to feel those goose bumps again, to want to do things (not just talking about physical aspects here!) dressing up, smelling good, laughing at each other, ooh i miss it all whereas life just goes on, with or without love, it isn't an option. Hope you get me..*)

4. mackyi profile image66
    mackyiposted 6 years ago

In order for me to provide you with the best answer, I would have to apply a bit of logical thinking to this question. First, let's start off by setting up a premise -- we could do this by trying to define" love" and "life" separately. Depends on your definition of both, you can then conclude which is, or should be more important to you and ultimately which should come first!

5. rdsparrowriter profile image84
    rdsparrowriterposted 6 years ago

Without life, there's no love .. Good or bad, life is important. Love of God breathed life into us. We live this life to care and appreciate others and our lives which is the true love I know of .

6. winbo profile image55
    winboposted 6 years ago

I think its Love. bcoz without love there is no life..

7. salvationarmy profile image58
    salvationarmyposted 6 years ago

Morning BeTheMessage:
    Wonderful question indeed; Genesis 1:26-28  ***LIFE***-And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...Genesis 2:7-8 ***LOVE***-And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul...

8. BeTheMessage1 profile image75
    BeTheMessage1posted 6 years ago

I can see both ways. Whether you believe in God or not. Biblically it says that..

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

"And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life." (which is a reference to Isaiah 55)

So, it is a hard question to answer when using the Bible. for if God is love than does life come before love?
    Or do we have to find love through "the springs of the water of life", which means we do not truly live until we love?

working