jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Goes On In A Woman's Mind When A Guy Just Appears And Says He Loves Her?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 6 years ago

What Goes On In A Woman's Mind When A Guy Just Appears And Says He Loves Her?

You have just met him and after a short while he’s telling you, ‘you are beautiful’, ‘I love you’, and so on and so forth.

2. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

I think often it's disbelief.

I would love to know what is going on in a guy's mind when he says that.  Is it just an expression of appreciation - or is there some underlying expression of commitment - like "'you're a keeper." 

I can tell if it's just a line to get sex - those ones are easy to dismiss.  I'm not attracted to that kind of guy anyway, so it's not really an issue for me.

To me, as much as it's nice to hear - these words are confusing when they come too early.  You may trust the man, and believe him that he is sincere, but it seems to open the door to mixed messages early in the relationship. 

Unless it's love-at-first-sight for both of you - like you are soul-mates, then differences in expectations may make those words seem insincere.  This can make it take longer to build trust in the relationship.

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

When it comes to women, men tend to live in the moment, so don't expect any of that love-at-first-sight stuff. The first thing she should recognize is that he doesn't know her anywhere near well enough to have fallen in love with her, and so he means something else. That's usually one of two things: "I am stricken with you and want to get to know you better to find out where we can go," or "You've got my juices going and I want to get into your dress, now." I'm afraid it's up to the woman to figure out which of them it is, and in either case what she'd like to do about it.

4. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Honestly, that kind of behaviour freaks me out!  I would probably be feeling turned off or questioning if I want to continue to be involved with him if he is telling me he loves me when he doesn't really know me yet.  I think it makes him look silly.  He'd be better of saying it with flowers at that point in time!

5. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

To any woman, it is flattering. It is more common than not, online. I am aware that people fall in love with pictures.. You are saying that they have actually met, in person..well, falling in love at first sight is not uncommon and I love you can mean "I love you for your personality.."
    Not the same kind as "I love you. Please marry me.."

6. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 6 years ago

In this modern era, he's kind of a freak. Sure, guys you don't even know will text you and ask to hook up; and everyone's about sick of that one, but we don't say it. But "I love you" right from the start sounds pretty immature. In physiological terms, if it's true, he's got a seratonin in-love switch with a low threshold. If so, he really could flip on love at first sight. And that means he's narrowed his choices down to you. You're the one. That's how he responds to women. Generally, however, it's just all b.s. because a guy can't think of anything constructive to say. Often today, that happens because a man's insecure because he's intimated by your successes, cool look, great talk, and happy frienships. But he's not mature enough to simply complement you and let it go.