In a marriage where both couples work outside the home do women still do most o

1. Joan King profile image72
    Joan Kingposted 5 years ago

In a marriage where both couples work outside the home do women  still do most of the housework?

2. Golfgal profile image84
    Golfgalposted 5 years ago

I would like to think that trend is changing with each generation.  There are still some momma's boys out there that cannot boil water or know how to open the dishwasher or find the button to the washer and dryer much less think about doing any dishes or wash.  Mother's in the latest generation are teaching there son's to participate in the chores and be involved in family life.  It always amazes me when I see men taking their children to the grocery store among other household chores.  Hopefully some day before i die, I will not be amazed by fathers taking care of their own children and taking responsibility for their own household chores.  Now with that said....I think it is equally important couples share in the responsibility of the household.  Spiltting the chores according to who likes to do what and who is better at doing some things.  Personally, I like to cook and my husband likes to do the dishes....he is a great scrubber.  So our deal is that i cook the meal and he cleans up.  Sharing some chores can also be good for relationships.  The key is respecting the house and each other.