jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do we really crave the things we cannot have?

1. L.Lawyer profile image60
    L.Lawyerposted 6 years ago

Do we really crave the things we cannot have?

why do we feel the need to have things we do not have and cannot have, and once we have it we want something else, is there no end to the wants and needs of the human mind?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

We crave the things we THINK we cannot have...

3. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 6 years ago

I craved for food and what I did was to enjoy myself with it whenever the craving starts.

I do not really crave for things I cannot have instead I work for things that I wanted most. So, it is through my own effort that I work for what I want or needed.

It is the best satisfaction I get when I attain what I want in life. It is always working towards my goal of wanting the stuff instead of craving them.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Most people are just greeedy, they crave the things "they cannot have" because others are craving it.  An on going competition to be "the Man" so to speak.  It's a monkey see monkey do kind of behavior.  Deep down they do not passionately desire those things/that person.  It's a competitive mindset to be better than, or maybe be accepted, whatever, I don't know!  Once they get their hands on it, there are no real sparks, no explosiveness, no passion.  Life is still the same and they remain the same (or get worst).  That individual or object hasn't changed a thing.  Long story short..... Don't believe the Hype!

Don't get me wrong having nice things are Great!  But there is nothing like knowing what you need and getting it..... in return keeping and loving it while LIVING to cherish it.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

No. I think we crave/desire the things we do not have. Most mature adults don't invest time and energy craving things they cannot have. However things we do not have but (hope to have) do inspire us to dream, try, and work harder to have them. In this instance it would be pursuing a goal.
    Craving something we cannot have or (should not have) is usually in relation to some form of addiction. It is natural for a junkie to crave drugs, a smoker trying to quit to crave a cigarette, or alcoholic to crave a drink. However these are things they (can have) but should not have. It is their choice to give up these habits.

working