jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why are you against gay marriage?

1. Elani-Lee profile image84
    Elani-Leeposted 5 years ago

Why are you against gay marriage?

This is more for the people against it, although those of you who are for it feel free to express your opinions. I am just interested in knowing why people so vehemently oppose it.

2. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

I am a Christian, so I go by what the Bible says. It says homosexuality is a sin. So I don't exactly approve of it.

However.

I can't control other people's lives. I don't know if it is a choice or a genetic flaw. Either way, everyone has the gift of free will, so everyone is free to make their own decisions. Who am I to take that freedom away? If they want to marry, it is none of my business. I have gay friends that I love like crazy. And they are perfectly aware of how I feel about it. But they respect my opinion, just as I respect their sexuality.

1. RavenBiker profile image61
      RavenBikerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm going out on a limb here and assume I know you but I very much doubt you "go by what the Bible says."

3. How To Hub profile image61
    How To Hubposted 5 years ago

Because I believe that we were made - male and female to be together ,get married and have children together - 2 people of the same sex is not natural - It is talked about in the bible as being something that God detests and he wont have changed his mind just because people are getting worse .

1. Eric Prado profile image77
      Eric Pradoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Clearly you know nothing about God as God does not "detest" anyone at all.  You and your ignorant way of thinking are the PRIME example of how apparently "people are getting worse".

2. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why the name calling Eric Prado?  They didn't say God detests the person, but He does not like the sin.  Just as a parent loves their child, but does not love the negative behavior.  If it's wrong, it's wrong.

3. JMcFarland profile image87
      JMcFarlandposted 5 years agoin reply to this

if it wasn't "natural" why is it common all over the natural world?

working