jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it wrong to use your physical assets for gain?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Is it wrong to use your physical assets for gain?

Since we all know sex sells, do you see a problem with people using their attractive body parts to gain a buyers attention?

2. profile image0
    ctbrown7posted 5 years ago

Of course it is wrong.  Many adults try to justify this kind of behavior, but if you were to ask most parents who they would prefer their children to use as an example, Marylin Monroe or Elenore Roosevelt, most parents would choose the latter.  Sex sells because it reaches the most base and carnal instincts of humankind, not because the cheap sale of it is worth anything of value.

3. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Using your physical assets for gain is acceptable for business advertisers but not for women in their personal and professional lives.
    Some may call her a Gold digger,if she sues her body and sex to get property from men.

4. MyGirlThursday profile image80
    MyGirlThursdayposted 5 years ago

As a working human, we have to sell our wares to prospective buyers. I don't mean that in the prostitutory sense, exactly. When you go into a job interview, you are essentially trying to market your skill set to a particular buyer. I would be lying if I said that nobody hires people just because they're attractive, but I see nothing wrong with marketing your attractive working qualities. If you're an incredibly good communicator, a fast typer, good on the phone, a top seller, all these can be equally as attractive to a potential employer or buyer. Where this gets tricky is the packaging. A successful woman is not going to go into a job interview in sweatpants if she is serious about the job; she is going to put her best face forward so that her prospective employer will see her for the total package. Do I think it's wrong to wear a short skirt and show cleavage in order to get a job or sell a product? To each his or her own. I do think that it is extremely important to dress for success and look your best.

5. kwade tweeling profile image91
    kwade tweelingposted 5 years ago

Great moral question. There is a very deep confusion over sexuality. We are all sexual beings, but so many hide from sex. Until one can admit sexual desire to oneself, there will always be that bias based on fear.

That said, I feel we are all born with, and develop over time, our particular talents. If one of yours is physical appeal, it is just as much a part of you as intelligence, diplomacy, or compassion. If there are ways you feel morally okay with using it, why not? You are the one who gets to live with the consequences, good or bad.

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's neither right or wrong. Each person decides for his or herself what is the best strategy to use in order to get what they want out of life. A person blessed with a high IQ would not hesitate to use their brain power, a rich person would not hesitate to use their wealth, a well known person uses their fame.... and so on. There is no reason why someone with a great body should be put down for using their physical asset to get in the door. Once you arrive you can wow people with everything else.
    It's been scientifically proven that "good looking" people generally receive better treatment from others than average or less than average looking people. (With the exception of the haters). Life is a personal journey and each of us is entitled to live our life the best way we see fit.
    Naturally there will always be those who will dislike you. You may notice even on hub questions when someone asks for (your opinion), if they disagree with your answer it's voted down. It's important not to seek validation from others. Always be yourself!

7. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No.

8. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not in the least. some people have beauty, some people have brains and some have awesome work ethic. we should use our best assets to get ahead in life. that said, i would not choose looks over work ethic in most cases but i wouldn't want an unattractive person being a model.

9. Mary Stuart profile image79
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

I am not sure we can avoid influencing men with our looks. It is built into the DNA. I don't flaunt anything at work but it makes dates all the more fun if a little (lot) of flirting and fun happens.

10. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6422237_f260.jpg

THE YEAR WAS 2012, and forced equality was realized when the government took really good ballet dancers and weighed them down with sand bags so that they would dance less than average.

working