jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is jealousy sometimes a good thing?

1. amithak50 profile image59
    amithak50posted 6 years ago

Is jealousy sometimes a good thing?

2. buckleupdorothy profile image84
    buckleupdorothyposted 6 years ago

Only to the extent that the feeling drives you to be better/work harder or to show your appreciation of someone. If it ellicits negative reactions in you, then no - jealousy is not a good thing.

3. vicki5897 profile image83
    vicki5897posted 6 years ago

Jealousy MAJORITY of the time isn't a good thing. Just like buckleupdorothy said, only if its with good intentions. There are those who are jealous of someone that only strive to accomplish something like the other person has. There are also the jealous people that develop hatred and resentment and try everything in their power to drag the other person down.

4. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 6 years ago

Jealousy is often a sign of codependency. On the flip side, it is a sign of the need to dominate another person. If your personality has codependent tendencies or is antisocial and seeks domination over others, then, yes, jealousy can feel good to you. If you're in a sick love relationship, then jealousy also can feel good. On another note, frenemies is one of today's most poppular jealous relationship, where you hate your friends' accomplishments but still stick with them. Of course, there is jealousy of winners if you're a loser. But I don't ever hear much about jealousy motivating people to overcome their deficiencies and then accomplishing anything. So, in the end, I think jealousy is not a good thing. I'm kmow, other disagree. They the one's who say love is suipposed to hurt and that if he doesn't get angry he doesn't love you. But that's all just immature thinking.

5. clairemy profile image74
    clairemyposted 6 years ago

I do not think jealousy is a good thing, I think it can lead to paranoia, and very selfish and unkind behaviour.
    Believing in oneself is better. You cant always be right, but to be jealous just shows you are capable of ugly feelings which have often have no basis.

working