What are women's biggest fears?

1. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

What are women's biggest fears?

2. Etherealenigma profile image74
    Etherealenigmaposted 6 years ago

I've heard women talk about  being without a man, and it seems to me that that is a big one. What irks me about this discussion is that I've often heard these women saying things like, "Half a man is better than no man at all!" I beg to differ. If I were to get involved with someone, they'd have to be all man...a real man. I'm not into kibbles and bits, or someone that I'd have to fill up because they are half empty.

Personally, I used to worry about not being with someone, just because society is constantly putting the whole couples thing out there as the norm; but I've gotten to a point that I'm comfortable in my life and in being on my own.

When you've made mistakes, and dealt with "half" men, which in my mind equals men who lack responsibility and accountability, then you gain the wisdom to know better than to simply accept this type of man just to say you have a man. Well, at least I'd like to think most women gain that insight, but obviously, there is a segment of the population that never grows up. Of that segment, those are the women who I've heard make the statement above.

I have found that the majority of men I meet are simply looking for either a mother figure, or a housemaid with the flip side of boy toy, and aren't really looking for a real relationship. Look at all the dating websites and you will see plenty of evidence to support that idea. So for me, I'd rather be flying solo, because it's not worth the hassel. I get a lot of enjoyment out of just life and all the extracurricular activities and interests I have.

If I were to come into contact with the right type of man, I might change my viewpoint, but as of this point, he's a no show and I'm not sure he exists, so I'm not sitting around waiting on him. I'd like to believe he exists, but thus far...the view has not been all that encouraging.

I'm looking for the real, and unfortunately, we live in a world of "images" and most of them are not steeped in reality. So I will just continue to enjoy my life and my freedom, and hope that other women can learn to do the same. There is much to love about freedom.

working