jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is there such thing as soulmates?

1. KeithJK profile image60
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Is there such thing as soulmates?

2. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

Sure there is. My great grandparents are the perfect example. They were married 60-something years and never ONCE had a fight. They worshiped each other. And when she developed Alzheimer's, he stuck by her side until he died, long after she didn't recognize him anymore. THAT is love.

3. clairemy profile image78
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

I believe there is too, but not necessarily between to humans.
    My daughters soulmate was her horse Ivor, and when he died a little of her died too, I dont think a day goes by when she does not mourn him. And they were as close as two beings could be under the circumstances.

4. CassyLu1981 profile image83
    CassyLu1981posted 5 years ago

I believe in soulmates!  I have one in my life.  The one who's name, even meer thought, makes your pulse race and you to stop breathing all at once.  The one who you know everything about without having to ask those million questions to get there.  The one who if they are hurt, you know it, even if you are half way around the world.  It's the one that no matter how hard life gets, they are in your thoughts and your heart.  Not everyone has a soulmate, or finds their soulmate early in life.  I was lucky, I found mine and without them my life wouldn't be the same!

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

With over 7 Billion people on the planet I suspect each of us has many soulmates! However I do not believe there is a (sole-mate) or only "one" person who "gets you", connects with you, shares your same desires in life.
    The concept of "the one" is based upon our natural tendency to (exclude) rather than (include) when it comes to finding love.

For example if a person states "the one" has to be a member of their own race that automatically eliminates (Billions of people) right there! If you went on to say he/she must have the same religious belief that will cut down your options by several billions more.

We narrow things further by stating "the one" must reside in our own country, state or town. All of this is before we get to height, weight, age, occupation, education, hobbies/interest, and goals....etc Last but not least our family and friends MUST also like him/her and vice versa!

It’s no wonder that by the time we get done EXCLUDING people there is ONLY one "right one" left! I believe once we decide what’s "really important" with regard to traits in a person we are likely to find "the one" sooner rather than later.

Each of us is looking for specific traits in another person. In addition to us believing they are “the one” (it is also necessary for them to believe we are “the one”.) Having mutual feelings is the challenge. Chemistry is also a requirement.

Lets assume you are looking for someone who has the following traits.

Attractive, Positive, Affectionate, Considerate, Loving, Healthy, Romantic, Passionate, Great Sense of Humor, Intelligent, enjoys traveling to exotic destinations, Honest, Trustworthy, Loyal, Dependable, Financially secure/responsible…etc

(Surly out of 7 Billion people there must be more than “one” person who fits this profile!)

6. suzanno profile image75
    suzannoposted 5 years ago

yeah, sure. I believe that god has made us in pairs. When the right time comes ,the right 1 turns up and things would be more than perfect.

7. jirel profile image69
    jirelposted 5 years ago

I believe in soulmates.It doesn't have to be lovers or humans like clairemy said.I think my best friend is my soulmate.We fight and argue alot but we can never be away from each other.Its like we get trapped in the same problem,if anything happens to her i feel it immediately.Many mysterious things happen to us and connects us.Also there's a telepathic connection.When she goes outside and I feel worried and when I come out of my room, she's automatically there at my door and this happens always.It's like we're thinking the same thing in so many cases.So, I believe she's my soulmate,not necessarily a lover but as best friends.

8. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I never believed in soulmates, until I have found one. We see each other only once in ten years, living in different continents, having our own families, do not even correspond regularly and yet, when we meet, it is always the same...it feels like I never left and time stopped at the time we first met...I don't know what it is and I don't know how long it lasts, so far it lasted for a quarter of century, we see what happens next...

working