There are a few ways that you can make sure that an online dating site is for real:
1. Ideally, go with a site that has been personally recommedned to you by someone you know and trust.
2. Check out the site's credentials at whois.com and alexa.com
3. Shoot off an email with some questions and see what answers you get/how quickly they get back to you.
4. Are there full, transperent contact details on the site, physical address and landline phone number as well as email?
5. Do you get a free trial period with no questions cancellation? Yes is good, no may not be.
6. Is the site advertising on other high-ranking, trusted sites?
7. Your gut feeling, common sense and intuition.
Finally, I would say just go with one of the big, well-known services such as match.com or eharmony.com which have established themselves as absolutely mainstream. Last I checked, match.com for example was the 70th most trusted website in the world (alexa rank) which says a lot. I have no personal or financial interest in either of these sites, there are others and I offer tham only as examples.
by Faith Reaper4 years ago
If you are single or were and used an online dating site and you found someone special in your lifeI have some single family members and friends and have been wondering if anyone has had success in finding that someone...
by Linda Bilyeu23 months ago
Have you ever used an online dating site?If so, was it successful? If not, would you consider trying a site to find your mister or miss right? I never have tried online dating, chances are I probably never will, but I...
by Marc Lee22 months ago
What is your favorite online dating and/or social site? Some people date through Facebook, etc?
by Susan Reid7 years ago
I have been seeing commercials on TV for this website.The name of the site is:www.christianmingle.comOk, so far so good.What trips me up is the site's tagline:"Find God's Match For You(tm)"How did that slogan...
by Ashutosh Chandel5 years ago
With the help of online dating site, can someone find their soul-mate?
by Donaisabella19 months ago
What do you think about online dating?Would someone please share their online dating experience?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.