Have you ever used an online dating site?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 9 years ago

Have you ever used an online dating site?

If so, was it successful? If not, would you consider trying a site to find your mister or miss right?
    I never have tried online dating, chances are I probably never will, but I like hearing about the success stories or the funny memories.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/10798448_f260.jpg

2. lady borcher profile image59
    lady borcherposted 9 years ago

yes i have and will agree it is the best way. with a web site you can make sure of some aspects like religion, life goals, kids or careers. knowing that he is looking for a relationship not just bar buddy is a time saver. i was lucky with in two months i found my mr.right and now we have been married for seven years with wonderful toddlers and still going strong. there are many sites i always go with women are free but men have to pay, more incentive that way.

Sunshine625posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lady, Thank you for sharing your success story. Wishing you many years of wedded bliss.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Linda Sue.....Online dating........Personally, I have not ever gone shopping online for a date for myself.  However, a couple of times, years ago, I did go through ads in the newspaper with a good friend of mine who thought she would give it a try. 
    Of course, being ME....this venture turned out to be one huge laugh fest. I would read the ads and then "translate" what I thought the real meaning was.  After about an hour, My girlfriend was laughing so hard, she was crying.  I remember one guy made himself out to be Adonis & everything a woman could ever dream of.  He mentioned "his home on the lake."  I told my friend, "Sure, he probably lives on a HOUSE BOAT!!"
    Needless to say, my attempt at being Cupid fell short.
    On a serious note, I know several couples who had wonderful success with online match-making.  My cousin met her husband this way and they are literally perfect for each other.
    Come to think of it girlfriend....the only online "hook-up" I ever experienced is YOU!!  LMAO.  I definitely love you SFAM.....just not that way...........Presently, I think if there's a Mr. Right out there somewhere for me, he probably doesn't have a computer available at the HOME.   Story of my life.

Sunshine625posted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I'm honored to be your online hook-up!!

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well...ya damned-well oughtta be!! smile  I'm quite selective, you know.

4. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

Yes! It was very successful for me.
    Whom you meet is more important than how you meet.
    The same people who are online also go to the grocery store, mall, parks, nightclubs, gym, restaurants, theatre, church, school, or wherever people often meet "offline". Online dating is nothing more than a (tool) or another "option" for meeting people.
    Much like a fork that be used to eat a garden salad or a slice of double fudge chocolate cake. However an obese person would never blame their weight gain on their fork!
    Nevertheless people that have a bad online dating experience tend to blame "the online dating industry"
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Naturally it pays to research sites before joining them. They're not all equal. I personally advise against joining a "free site". It's like trying to compare a night's stay in a Motel 6 versus a night at The Ritz Carlton. You have to know what type of person (you want to meet) and put yourself in their shoes when asking what type of online site he/she would likely join. Today there are also lots of "niche online dating" sites that cater to various age groups, religions, race, pet owners, single parents, political affiliation and so on.
    Always use good commonsense when dealing with strangers whether online or offline. In the end (you) are responsible for choices (you) make. A lot of "good people" get placed in the "friend zone".

1. fpherj48 profile image60

dashing.....How could online dating not be successful for "Pepe le Pew?"

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 9 years ago

I've tried a few with no success. I did have a few guys talk to me, but it never went any further than that. It seems either the guys weren't really serious about meeting someone or they talked to me until someone prettier or something came along. I might try again in the future.

Hey!  Who wouldn't jump to date an Arabian Sheika??  Their loss, girlfriend!   Don't give up.  You're handsome Sheik is out there.....smile

2. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I think I'd rather have a cowboy.

6. writinginalaska profile image75
    writinginalaskaposted 9 years ago

yes i have and after much trial and error i meet the love of my life and we have been together over three years now and going strong.  online dating is a unique experience and you have to have your wits about you just like in real life and sometimes maybe more.  My skills were honed pretty well   spotting the scammers and dishonest people on the dating sites. 
    By the way fpherj48,  you should maybe readjust your attitude regarding "houseboats" .  I have seen some very fancy houseboats and liveaboards in various port towns that I would be proud to call home.

Alaska..Down girl. easy does it.That was a "joke"-said in "jest"-as in simply using "humor" for "laughs." I've lived on the lake my entire life.Have dozens of close friends who live on gorgeous houseboats all summer.My attitude is fine. OK??

7. Evane profile image62
    Evaneposted 7 years ago

I have tried but no outcome. Hahahaha. It is hard because there are many people who deceive online.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)