jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What do you tell the children?

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years ago

What do you tell the children?

What should you do when your ex-husband stops carrying on traditions such as the tooth fairy and santa after divorce?

2. moiponetsoka profile image70
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

the truth is always the best way to go for me.but if they are too young to understand is very hard situation.

3. padmendra profile image47
    padmendraposted 5 years ago

The early the truth is understood may be in any means the easier the life becomes.We always go by our calculations in life but should not make one depend on any false thoughts and in any way or the other the truth should be revealed to them. I always prefer that the truth that is beneath in my heart should be shared with the person who might also be affected by the same by me before he knows it from someone else.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Yes, I agree with the other hubbers. Reveal the truth to your kids is better than having carrying on the myths. Although it will be heartbreaking to see them cry....

1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
      aDayInMyLife1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What I've done so far is tell them that the tooth fairy and Santa stop coming to houses of non believers and we carry on the tradition at my house. I want my 5 year old to get to experience the surprise, mystery and fantasy I grew up with.