jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is it a good idea to stay in a marriage for you child's sake?

1. moiponetsoka profile image71
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

Is it a good idea to stay in a marriage for you child's sake?

2. janikon profile image89
    janikonposted 5 years ago

If you do not want to be in the relationship anymore and it is not working than, no. It will be worse for your child if you do.

moiponetsokaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for your input

3. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I would say no. Children are smart and they can sense when things aren't right. It can be more harmful than you think.

thank you for the honest answer i really appreciate it.

4. hair bender profile image70
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

If the parents are always degrading each other or being outright hateful and rude to the other parent, the child will grow up thinking that this is how a marriage is supposed to work. 
    A lot of women claim that they are being abused, even when there is no evidence of this, because it is easier to walk out on a marriage rather than fighting for it.
    Children are smart and tend to blame themselves when the parents divorce even though children are very rarely the cause of marital discourse.
    I believe that you married your spouse because you loved them at one point in time.  Why wouldn't you try and save the marriage and then you wouldn't have to have a broken marriage?

the marriage a reached a point where parents start fighting in front of the child and the other partner is verbally abusing the other and the verbally abused partner has developed hate for the other partner.

working