jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When a woman claims that she is being abused, why does society automatically bel

1. hair bender profile image68
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

When a woman claims that she is being abused, why does society automatically believe her?

I do believe that there are women out there that are being abused physically, emotionally and mentally.  However, it seems that when a woman says she's being abused, society is automatically ready to condemn the abuser.  There have been several cases of where the woman is just as abusive to her mate but usually men don't want to admit that they are also abused.

2. lmarsh1203 profile image61
    lmarsh1203posted 5 years ago

Society is ready to believe women because we are still viewed as the "weaker' sex. I think people want to rush in and save women being abused. That's probably why people don't believe men because they think that a man should be able to defend himself. (I don't believe this at all, I'm just saying it's something widely believed.) Also it takes a lot of courage for an abused woman to actually admit that she's being abused and want to change it. A lot of times its a brief window opening for the woman, so authorities want to jump on it before the abused woman returns to her abuser. Abuse is not something to be messed with for males or females, unfortunately preconceived notions about gender often prevent the correct help for males.

3. hair bender profile image68
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

I know of a specific case where the woman accused her husband of abusing her but there was never any case of evidence-no bruises, marks, broken bones or anything.  No trips to he doctor, police or emergency room.  She just wanted an excuse to leave a marriage where she wasn't the boss.  Unfortunately, she claimed "abuse" and it seemed like everyone she told, they automatically thought it was true.
    She, in fact, was the abuser, telling her now ex husband, on a quite frequent basis, "Is this the day that you die and make me a happy woman?"  She also slapped him so hard that he lost his hearing for an hour because he wasn't...well, I won't go into detail but she turned it around and told everyone she could that it was him who hit her.  She would also throw glasses so hard at her ex husband that the glass shards are STILL in the woodwork and this happened almost 20 years ago but yet SHE"S the abused one?

4. profile image47
    traveling redheadposted 5 years ago

It seems that all a woman has to do is say that she is being abused but never has to back it up and she is automatically the "injured party"
    I do believe that there are several men who have been just as abused by women but it is more on the emotional side of the woman always complaining that he doesn't buy her the nicest or most expensive products or that he isn't working hard enough to give her "stuff"

working