jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Children at your wedding

1. Princess Weddings profile image9
    Princess Weddingsposted 7 years ago

To have or not to have children at your wedding?

1. profile image51
      HealthTipposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There was at mine, in her belly smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

do you mean in the wedding or at the wedding?

if they are close to the couple, I would say yes!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hi rebekahELLE,

I agree!

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

if they want to marry you? yikes

4. Princess Weddings profile image9
    Princess Weddingsposted 7 years ago

I don't understand not inviting children to weddings, maybe an evening wedding but this trend seems to be getting more and more popular. I don't know what's the reason,is it to cut cost of catering?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hi, its maybe because children sometimes cant calm down and keep to themselves? others want their wedding to be peaceful....maybe children should be there only during reception?not at the church...but noise is part of everything and sometimes, noise of children laughing is cute...

1. Princess Weddings profile image9
        Princess Weddingsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
          rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was just at my nephews wedding in Boston and children were invited. Two were in the procession. They were the brides nephews.
          There were children in attendance, one was a baby. These are their friends.  having the children there makes it more family, and it was fun seeing them dance.

I think it's kind of selfish to not include them, but that's my opinion. weddings should be whatever the bride and groom decide.

5. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

As a wedding is primarily a family event, children should be involved, however invited guests (non-family) should refrain unless their children are specifically invited.

6. kezan98 profile image60
    kezan98posted 7 years ago

I invited the children to my wedding and while they bickered and argued it was nice to have them there and their antics provide a ice breaker for guests who don't know each other.  However whenever we're invited to a wedding I never take my little boy along unless he was also invited.  Like previous replies, it is up to the bride on groom on what they want their big day to be like and I don't think it's fair for others to judge.

working