jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What to do when you think your best friend has a crush on you?

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

What to do when you think your best friend has a crush on you?

2. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

If you are already friends, then there is already attraction.

3. lifeinprime profile image66
    lifeinprimeposted 5 years ago

I am a guy in a committed relationship who has several female friends.  My girlfriend is my best friend--period.  However, if my second best friend had a crush on me, I would first, check her temperature to see if she was running a fever--as she would never have a crush on me beyond friendship.  Second, I would tactfully remind her that I only have room in my heart for one woman--and that's my girlfriend.  I have never cheated and don't plan to start!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think to start with just be honest and ask.  It is so easy to misinterpret affection or teasing as a crush.  So go have a cup of coffee, talk about the weather and what's new on earth and then say -Hey is it my imagination or do you have other feelings for me?

5. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Don't change the way you treat that person in the past. If you know that person has a crush on you, then it be if you have no feelings towards her/him. S/he will be your best friend no matter what. It doesn't mean that if you find out s/he's got feelings towards you, your relationship will change. Just stay the same.

:Never wound those you can't kill; same as never be too sweet to those you can't love.