jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Is your closet space evenly distributed between you and your spouse?

1. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Is your closet space evenly distributed between you and your spouse?

So, we just renovated our closet and it is clearly now not a 50-50 divide.  My wife has gained territory and is holding a strong 70-30 advantage.  How about you?

2. dkalvarez profile image60
    dkalvarezposted 5 years ago

Yeeeeah, I'm looking at a 65/35 split to her advantage. I feel your pain brother. And once my daughter gets here in a few months, I'm sure I'll lose even more space. She's already killed my mancave, haha

petenaliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your man cave will be forgotten within 3 seconds of you seeing your daughter's face.  She'll have you wrapped around here finger in no time...

3. Angelme566 profile image59
    Angelme566posted 5 years ago

closet is still a business between couples ? guess its not important who got or who got not  , important is there are  peace ,love and happiness between the couple . Closet thing is not a big deal,its not even an issue..gets ?

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

My wife has several double wardrobes, filled to overflow, it takes an age for her to get what she thinks she may want.  I have one single wardrobe that is easilly manageable, just put my hand in and take out the hanger with the required clothes, simple.

5. Sage in a Cage profile image81
    Sage in a Cageposted 5 years ago

Our relationship is a classic Scandinavian one of equality when it comes to closet space. He has one closet and I have the other. I've tried sneaking a few items into his closet when mine gets too cramped but, within the space of an hour or too, it mysteriously reappears back in my closet. We're quite territorial. I take more of an offensive approach!

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We each have our own closet but my husband's is more full than mine because he never gets rid of anything.  Plus he tosses all kinds of things in there that aren't really meant to be kept in the bedroom closet.  Oh well, it's his call as long as he stays out of my closet!

7. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

He has 1/4 of it and I have the rest. He doesn't even use his quarter. I use most of my space. We are happy with it. He keeps more of his in drawers and has the larger dresser.

8. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

My G/F and I have struck a wonderful arrangement dividing closet space by 50/50.  It wasn't really very difficult, at all.....

SHE, hangs her clothes on hangars in the UPPER half,...

and I throw my clothes on the floor in the LOWER half.....

Perfect!!!!

petenaliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well played Sir, well played...

9. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

No not by a long shot. He has lots of clothes for work and weekends as well so I get almost half of the room. I have another closet in our extra bedroom though.

working