jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you had an interesting, funny or scary experience with online dating servi

1. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

Have you had an interesting, funny or  scary experience with online dating services?

When I was using different services, I actually had really good experiences.  Some of the women I dated had some interesting stories though.   By the way, I just got engaged to my "Match".  I went on the the service to check out my new matches and there was an old friend I hadn't seen in years and we were matched.  We got together to "catch up" and we are still catching up.  It worked out well for me, but I have to believe there are some funny stories out there.

2. JSimple profile image75
    JSimpleposted 5 years ago

My ex started a profile for me on a dating site, and a mature we will say dating site.  I ignored it, since I knew I didn't start it, and IP address nowadays are saved when you register for those sites, but that was my experience.

1. cam8510 profile image96
      cam8510posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I suppose the profile your ex placed on your behalf was not of things you would have put there. I was sitting in front of a coffee shop waiting on a date to arrive.She did a drive-by and checked me out.When she came back she claimed to have been lost

2. JSimple profile image75
      JSimpleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No....I wouldn't have put those type of pictures on that type of website.Was flattered really, that someone would take the time to think of me and spend that much time doing something evil like that.Didn't bother me, except to solidify the "ex" part.

3. stricktlydating profile image79
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

I'm a fan of online dating because I've met a few boyfriends that way.  My worst stories from online dating are - The time I joined a dating site and received over 200 messages in one day. Whoa!  It was mostly spam messages wink And another time, I'd spoken to a date on the phone for a week after matching up online, and we finally arranged to meet.  In all of our discussions he'd failed to tell me he had a physical disability prior to meeting him.  It was quite a shock when I arrived for our date.  Like he thought I wouldn't notice or it wasn't worth mentioning, but he could not use his hands. Hmmm.

working