Would you invite your friend's partner to your wedding if you've never even met

1. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 5 years ago

Would you invite your friend's partner to your wedding if you've never even met them?

Fine if they are serious or living together, but these two have been on and off and only been together a few months. I've never met him and don't fancy him coming. We're spending a lot of money on our wedding and only want close friends and family - people we know. She does know other people there and I have invited her son, so she won't be alone - but am I being mean?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6582602_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Ultimately you get to set up your own rules for (your wedding). However tradition just states you invite your friend and (they) get to choose who they want to bring with them. The reason people are encouraged to bring a guest is to ensure they have a good time.

Most wedding couples aren't able to spend a lot of time with the various guests. They're busy taking pictures, dancing, eating....etc Ideally you want your guest to have a great time. After all they are doing (you a favor) by giving up part of their weekend, showing up, and most likely bringing you a gift. You should be so busy being the center of attention that you don't have time to think about who came with whom.

working