How long should you stay in a marriage if you don't feel the love??

1. songbirdmom profile image60
    songbirdmomposted 5 years ago

How long should you stay in a marriage if you don't feel the love??

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Life is a personal journey. You get to set your own time frame as well as have your own "deal breakers". You are responsible for your happiness!

Society has a way of stating that it is human nature for us to make mistakes except when it comes to marriage. That's when will tell them to try more (communication and work). A divorce is nothing more than one or both people coming to the realization that a "mistake" was made!

There is no amount of "communication" or "work" that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want. - One man's opinion! :-) … The-Upside

3. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I'll probably be accused of being old fashioned, but, I believe in staying in a marriage "until death do us part."  Love is a choice.  You can feel love again by choosing to love your spouse.  Do the things you used to do with them when you felt the love, act the way you acted then, say the things you said then.  It's not just simplistic advice, it works.  My wife and I have been married for eighteen-and-a-half years and I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else.