jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Do you act act (or speak) in a way that you think others will find acceptable?

1. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Do  you act act (or speak) in a way that you think others will find acceptable?

Do you pretend to be a 'certain way' around others? Do you let others influence what you say and do? Are you worried about not meeting the approval of others?
    I used to be a worry wart. I worried about what people thought about everything. Now it is pretty much...what you see is what you get (in a non-sarcastic kind of way, you know);

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6722804_f260.jpg

2. Tonipet profile image83
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

Yes. I always try to act and speak the way I think others will find acceptable. I don't actually worry if others will approve of me or not, as long as I'm tactful enough to make them feel valued and respected. I'm always particular about how they feel and how I'd make them feel. It feels great to be who I am and not someone who I'm not. Loved this question, thank you!

1. Tonipet profile image83
      Tonipetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi pstraubie. Thank you for picking this as best answer. So glad to have shared in your so blessed life. More blessings!

3. Lastheart profile image64
    Lastheartposted 5 years ago

I wanted to answer with a hub this interesting question that I read by pstraubie48. Do you act (or speak) in a way that you think others will find acceptable? read more

1. Tonipet profile image83

Lastheart, just want to thank you for making a hub out of this question. Just shared it!

2. Lastheart profile image64
      Lastheartposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Tonipet, I left you a fan mail.

3. Tonipet profile image83

Haha, thank you for the very nice fan mail. Happy to know that. Would really love to be pleasantly-contagious as you and others with spirit-lifting hearts! Best wishes and God bless you more!

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image76
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

no, i act and think in the way i believe GOD finds acceptable, then i need not worry about anything

5. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

He should be the ONE we always consider for sure.

6. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

I try to be myself at all times.  I was raised in the south (Alabama) and I have a southern accent.  I used to travel a lot and I never tried to change my accent to suit other people.  If people in other parts of the country don't like it, that's their problem.  I am a worrier pretty much but this is something I never have let bother me.

7. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

I don't think of other's approval of me. I am always me. Sometimes when I speak, a little slang comes in every now and then. I had the best of two worlds growing up. I can adapt to any situation, but instead of me adapting. I look for others to just be them, and I will be me. I have to live with me all day, and pretending isn't being true to who you really are. No matter where we go, someone isn't going to like something about you. I have lived by this motto, I am not a people pleaser.

1. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
      kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a people pleaser, either.

working