How much cross-dressing is acceptable in a marriage relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. GaeHall profile image59
    GaeHallposted 13 years ago

How much cross-dressing is acceptable in a marriage relationship?

Please indicate what your personal line of boundary would be.  When would it be necessary to end a relationship?  What is permissible and what is too much?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4434476_f260.jpg

2. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

When other people see it, that's the boundary I guess. Interesting question.                             .

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

I started to say that for me it would be zero and then I remember how a female friend and I had attempted to go to a holloween party as bride and groom. She as the groom and me as the bride. I then attempted to justify this with the statement that what I was doing was just for fun. That led to this question...did I really think fun wasn't the same reason those who practice cross dressing do so? That one made me say, I wish I could just give me a simple answer once in awhile.

Differing time frames in the relationship, would lead to a different sort of question and purpose for the question. If it was early in the relationship it would be an attempt to discover if there was a mutual interest in a subject that is important to you. If it is later in the relationship I would assume that you already know the answer to the question. You are simply taking a stand and trying to discover what future the relationship has.

This will work at either point in a relationship in my opinion.

Prior to next halloween you can suggest a couple's costume that involves cross dressing by both and any objections voiced, won't be of a threatening nature. If your partner is willing to dress for halloween and go into public with you, chances are that some private shows could be a real possibility.

4. Iontach profile image69
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Well your partner should be the one to tell you how much cross dressing is acceptable.
    I'd be ok with mine doing it once just for curiosity, but more than that would piss me off.

5. loseyhenli profile image60
    loseyhenliposted 13 years ago

The   may be need to see the case may be, if I love him, may be necessary to a deeper level of acceptance?
    BTW
    In order to improve the quality of purchased, why not check http://www.Shopindream.Com ?? it's an online community for shopping....take care

6. girlwithin profile image60
    girlwithinposted 12 years ago

How much is not an easy question to answer.  The thing I find difficult is the word permissable.  Should the crossdressing partner have to ask permission?  Also the question of when would it be necessary to end a relationship? why should crossdressing mean that it was necessary to end a relationship.  Is it on par with wife beating?

Please remember that there is a huge difference between transvestism and transexualism and many shades between the two.  If a transexual, then I would think it reasonable to end the relationship with that knowledge or maybe change the type of relationship, i.e from partner to friend.  In the case of a transvestite where ther is no desire to change sex, need it be an issue?  I suppose for Christian fundamentalism it could be an issue, but how many people live entirely by St Pauls letters to the Corinthians?  should all Christian ladies have their hair shorn for not having their heads covered in church for instance.

I feel that this could really be a case of personal feelings, fear, anger or maybe prejudice.  Sitting on the other side of the fence my  perception is obviously different.  I would be happy to give a more personal insight or expand on my answer if you wish to contact me.  I understand from experience that many ladies have are worried about this issue.

7. GaeHall profile image59
    GaeHallposted 12 years ago

You're right girlwithin 'permissible' is a loaded term which has connotations of morals. 

Yet I was asking what different partners would consider 'permissible' in their own opinion.  Obviously I would guess that in your opinion any cross-dressing activity right up to continual cross-dressing in the opposite gender role (transvestitism) would be 'permissible' as you do not see it in any way jeopodising the relationship.  Am I right?

However, I do not agree that this would be the case for many other partners.  Cross-dressing often does jeaopodise the gender roles in a relationship.

I also disagree with your statement that a 'transvesite has no desire to change'.  Certainly at some point in their life they may not have the desire for SRS but the stability of this desire of later wanting to change their body (if they had the financial resources to do so) is not reliable.

We all bring a personal element into our answers, this is unavoidable because we have different personal agendas, ideals and morals.  What I was trying to discover is what partners would consider 'acceptable' or 'liveable' with and what would be the line of boundary?

For example:  cross-dressing with female panties under a suit does probably not seem that threatening, but cross-dressing in female lingerie during intimate relationships would probably be considered VERY threatening to most partners.

It is this degree of 'appropriateness' or 'acceptability' that I was interested in hearing from others.

Thanks for your input.

8. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

I NEVER  want to see my husband in any female clothes EVER

1. profile image57
      good girl 2014posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Am full time girl  time  been   t-girl for long my wife help and I have lovely Mother-In-Law how help to my wife work as nurse work long hours so my mother-in-Law take care of me we go out lots shopping and girl day  out

9. marsar16 profile image60
    marsar16posted 10 years ago

It is ok as I crossdressed during my marriage.

1. profile image57
      good girl 2014posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I  Am crossing girl and dress ful time my wife help lot but she work long hours so my mother-In-Law take care of and dress me in classic clothes skirt blouse cardigan and noylon overall she take me out shopping AM  very feminine girl  love being girl

10. profile image57
    good girl 2014posted 10 years ago

hi am man like to dress in women clothes so my wife and mother-In-Law help to be women thay dress me in blouse skirt cardigan and have wear nolyon overall all time AM in houes or shopping thay very to me my wife work hours so my mother-in-Law take care of me take out shopping we have lovely girles day out so when we  out shopping today she buy me nice nightdress and cardigan to wear in bed I have to wear do what my mother-in-Law tell me too do she   I have  to be bath before bed than dress me in nightdress cardigan and put me to bed at 7pm I can only got online for 30min thay do not  shy girllike me go on compute as am still very shy girl my mother-in-Law  like watch television programma like Emmerdale EastEnder ccoronation Street

so have be good girl be bath put night clothes  pink nightdress and blue cardigan will keep me warm in bed I have been not be well so my wife call  her mother to see if been very good girl  my mother-in-Law keep say litter girl been in bed at
    7 pm not later AM happy with that  so do not get lots time go online if thay new very shy girl was in computer be very nuagth for me will have  to stay in for week I do look  very feminine girl love dress in older girl clothes I have to look like  a 52 Year old women have be good and not be  naughty girl  thay do not like me see bad thing on tv or online   wife is working late to night
    she call my mother-in-Law at 7-30pm to  see if am in bed being good girl so am very happy hope to out shopping with my lovely Mother-In-Law  wear new birthday prent blouse skirt cardigan nolyon overall and my wife New camel coat   hope can be friend in here  please do not tell my livery wife or mother-in-Law I have been on online thank you God bless you all good  nite. xx

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)