Have you ever felt you would die and leave your love ones here alone?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)
  1. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 6 years ago

Have you ever felt you would die and leave your love ones here alone?

2. mlcorey profile image59
    mlcoreyposted 6 years ago

Recently I have, I found out that I have 3 medical problems that are all acting up at the same time. Once it was really bad and i had to cry myself to sleep because of the fear of not waking up to seem my loved ones again.

glmclendonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know the feeling and there is nothing to do but pray

2. anupma profile image75
      anupmaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Everyone has to go. So need not to worry. Life is like this, we don't know even what will happen after a second. Be calm and positive. Even a darker night has a dawn. I wish you have a long and of course healthy life.

3. ChristinS profile image54
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

I think everyone has these worries at times, but I try to focus more on living life to the fullest, being healthy and enjoying each day.  A friend of mine once told me to worry is to pray for what you don't want - or in other words where our thoughts go so does our ability to manifest.  That being said, I have done things to ensure that whenever I go I leave behind items that tell my boys exactly what I stood for and what I want them to learn in life.  We aren't guaranteed anything and stuff happens all the time.  My son was recently in a school bus crash and was hurt badly, but is expected to recover fully.  I think my biggest concern now is losing a child because I came so close.  As a result, I have all of us focused on just how wonderful life is and how we should enjoy it smile I stops those fears in their tracks and it aids healing for us all. We can worry about what could have happened, or what might happen in the future, but then we miss out on joy right now.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It is hard not to think about that when we get older.  I try to comfort myself with the fact that my children are grown and in happy marriages so they would not be alone.  My husband would be devastated but our daughters would help him through it. 

As you commented below - all we can do is pray.  God's will is perfect even if we don't always understand it at the time.

glmclendonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If I am left behind I pray that God would give me the strenght I need.

5. whonunuwho profile image76
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I have all confidence that i will die one day and that I will meet my loved ones in heaven with our Lord. The purity of love and goodness and the Lord God above us, all guarantees this, and we will realize this wonderful truth one day when it is our time.

1. whonunuwho profile image76
      whonunuwhoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

God saw His Son Jesus and knew it was time to bring Him back to His heavenly home, as Jesus' earthly family knew that He would go to heaven and that they would each join Him.I love my family and know in my heart that I will be with them, when time.

6. anupma profile image75
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

Before my father's death I really scared to die. But now I am waiting to meet my Papa (father) there. I know this is only possible after my death. So not a big issue now. But earlier this question has horrified me a lot.

7. shampa sadhya profile image73
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

I believe in one thing very firmly that is why should I worry about such a thing on which I have no control. Yes, such a thought do come to my mind too but just momentarily but then I get over it. I  do get scared not about my death because I feel life always goes on without a person but sometimes in a very emotional state a thought comes to my mind that what if I am left alone. I am certain life of mine will still continue but surrounded with vacuum. My parents and some other loved ones are no more still I am existing here as a normal person but my heart knows that consciously and subconsciously they are always within me. Thus, the question is will I be able to survive the loss of some other loved ones. This thought horrifies me and makes me cry. I very often cry at the loss of my loved ones and also cry while fearing some more losses when I am alone and sentimental.

8. midget38 profile image90
    midget38posted 6 years ago

My greatest fear is dying and not just leaving loved ones behind, I am sometimes afraid of dying and going into a netherworld with nothing. That's where faith enters the picture.

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Every one comes a time to depart from earth and to be dust.

I believe we are born to teach our love ones how to survive and carry on with future generations down the road.

If one day we succeed in learning the way of enlightenment, then we will no longer need to be in the cycle of re-birth. So once our future generation manage to achieve this then we all can be living in the spiritual world without being fear of death and sorrow.

10. kj force profile image70
    kj forceposted 6 years ago

I don't believe for a moment that anyone has not thought about this ...it is human to wonder about such things.I have known children that have had these thoughts, but perhaps as we age , we choose not to speak/think about such matters, due to our own insecurities of dealing with the finality of death... Hopefully our families and loved ones will not be alone..and will have spiritual connection to see them through their loss...worse part is WE will never know the outcome...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)