jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should you remain friends with your exes on facebook or delete them when the cou

1. Ellana317 profile image77
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Should you remain friends with your exes on facebook or delete them when the courtship ends?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6780110_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I think it varies from person to person as well as who dumped whom. Sometimes people elect to remain "friends" just so they can (keep track) of their exes moves. Unless a person is ready to truly become a" plantonic friend" they are probably better off unfriending their ex. It may take several months to years for some people to mentally have the mindset of seeing an ex as just another friend. Only the person considering remaining friends is aware of their true motivations for doing so.

3. Sue St. Clair profile image72
    Sue St. Clairposted 5 years ago

A friend once told me that" friends were friends and lovers were lovers". They are two different groups. It is never good to mix them, especially after a break-up. Staying in contact keeps the relationship alive. You may need to choose if it is really over or if it is going through a change. If it is over, then you need to remove the friendship with the exes.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I just delete them. Once the relationship is over, I see no point and no way how I can keep them as a friend.

working