jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What makes a real woman?

1. MrsHernandez profile image59
    MrsHernandezposted 5 years ago

What makes a real woman?

My grandma use to say, You are not a real woman if you dont have a few qualities, Ever heard this before or know what these qualities are?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't believe in terms such as "real woman" or "real man".
    Generally these statements are used to maniuplate people to behave according to how another person wants them to behave. This is especially true when used in relationships between men and women. A man who tells his mate; "A real woman would cook, clean, and ....etc" or a woman tells her mate; "A real man would buy, pay, or treat me like... etc" Both people are using these statements not to illustrate/define the difference between being a child and an adult but rather to insult or shame them into giving them what they want.)
    Other times I have seen the term "real woman" used to slam other women who may be thinner or considered very attractive by the mainstream. As if these women are not "real women" because they are not a certain size or have a similar appearance. Sometimes women put down other women for how they relate to men. For example a woman observes another woman fixing her man's plate. She tells her, "A real woman would tell her man he has two hands! Get your own plate!"
    Bottom line is everyone is "real" whether we agree with their behavior or not, whether we belive they are responsible or irresponsible, or if they do what we want them to or not. People are either "right" or "wrong" for (us). It does not mean someone else would not be happy with them.  My advice is: Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust yourself. Ignore all the labels others would place on you. Life is a personal journey. You have to run your own race!

3. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I'd say confidence would probably be one of the qualities your grandma might be talking about. That's one thing that many women seem to lack and to have that really says a lot about you.

4. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Proper attitude towards world and life is one such attribute for me to be a real women. Another need is the practical approach towards life. Confidence is another quality as said by Jade0215. Self esteem, sincerity etc may also come into the extensive list to be a real women your grandmother might have signaled about.