jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the difference between Infatuation and Love?

1. Shopping-Online profile image70
    Shopping-Onlineposted 5 years ago

What is the difference between Infatuation and Love?

A College going cousin of mine asked me, ' How can I know whether I really love a boy or girl or whether I am only infatuated?' I could not come out with a proper answer to the Question. Can any of the Hubbers help in distinguishing between romantic infatuation and agape-love?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

If she hasn't known him well for at least a year, she doesn't know him well enough to love him, and so it's infatuation instead.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Only (time) will tell. It takes a lot longer to truly get to know someone. Most people become (emotionally invested) before they see the other person's "authentic self". Until you have had your first (serious disagreement) you are still in the "infatuation phase". Every realtionship starts off on a high note with both people bending over backwards to "impress" the person they are attracted to. They remove the word "no" from their vocabulary. Naturally this leads you to feel like you are soulmates!
    “Love isn’t finding a perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”
    – Sam Keen

4. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

Infatuation is based on "attraction;" Love is based on "the person."