jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Does crying make you uncomfortable?

1. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Does crying make you uncomfortable?

Crying makes me uncomfortable because I go bright red and my eyes go all puffy, not like people in films who shed elegant tears. But seeing other people cry, even grown men, doesn't make me uncomfortable, it's a natural thing. How do you feel about it?

2. shariarbd profile image60
    shariarbdposted 5 years ago

Sometimes. I dislike crying. But it happen when i got pain in my mind...

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Not at all.  It's like you said, it's natural.  I believe men may have an issue with is simply because they were brought up not to show emotion or risk emasculation.  But for women, I believe it's also hormonal, so we really can't help it a lot of the times.  It's a physical reaction and we shouldn't be judged one way or the other for doing it.  It's like sneezing. Can't help it sometimes.

innerspinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's weird that I don't judge anyone else for crying, yet don't like it myself. It makes me physically uncomfortable, but the release of emotion is a good thing. Thanks for your comment.

4. Cristale profile image84
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Crying may be cleansing for the eyes and eye ducts, as well as the soul. But every one is not the same and this may not be the best thing for every one.

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

No, it does not.

I believe that sometimes, one needs to have a good cry to release one's sadness as keeping inside will do more harm than good. So, when someone is crying, I will comfort the person and saying that it is good to give yourself a good cry and letting it out. Most of the time, after a good cry, it helps the person to recover.

Thanks for replying,edhan, you're right that crying is a good release.

6. devisree profile image72
    devisreeposted 5 years ago

Surely.If i see some one crying it makes me uncomfortable.  Usually i try to console them if they are nearby.Without reason nobody will cry .Anyway drops of tears will  come with my eyes also. It may be because of my feminine nature .

7. algarveview profile image87
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I don't like to cry in front of others and I don't like it when others cry in front of me, except if I'm very intimate with that person. But apart from that, crying makes me feel quite relieved, so if I feel like it, I just go for it - in my alone time, of course.

Thanks, algarveview, the alone time bit makes sense to me.

working