jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

If you are the oldest child in your family, would you date a person who is the y

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

If you are the oldest child in your family, would you date a person who is the youngest in their

families?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

I know there are studies regarding this..A hypothetical question which is a variant of  Would you date someone who is.........you name it....I don't know how to relate to this question..so for the most part my only answer will be yes..why not?

The only person I would dismiss immediately is a person who belongs to someone else.........assuming that I am aware that they belong to someone else...

3. QudsiaP1 profile image61
    QudsiaP1posted 5 years ago

I believe that at the time of dating seldom do people give it a thought at which number does their date exist. Is he/she the first, last or middle child but honestly I would say it doesn't matter, sure most of the time it is easiest to relate to a partner who was at the same stage as you in their family but it also depends on their level of involvement within the family. For example an oldest child may either be very responsible or very spoilt all depending upon their family.

4. Bobski606 profile image88
    Bobski606posted 5 years ago

Simple answer is yes. I don't think a person's birth order matters at all in a relationship, it is the person that they develop into which is important.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

No. I've never felt the desire to. They don't have the personality that I like. Normally I date the oldest or only child. The middle and younger children are too easy going and I want someone who can take control.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally concur!

6. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that question silly? My husband happens to be the middle child. If he were the youngest, I'd still marry him. How about you and your special someone?

Oh, about 40-50 years ago, in Greece, the brother couldn't get married until his sisters were first married. Since women back then did not work, the brother had to take care of the sister, but when she was out of the way he could marry a woman born in any order.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not at all!     The birth order scenario is such a fascintating one.     I asked that question because if a person is the oldest, if he/she marries a middle or youngest, there would not be as many power clashes than if he/she married another oldest!

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting! Perhaps that's because middle children tend to want to keep the balance. But the youngest, how so? Is it because they're usually not allowed to take the lead so they become passive in marriage?

7. KristenN4Boys profile image67
    KristenN4Boysposted 5 years ago

I certainly hope so! smile My fiance' is the oldest of 4. I'm the youngest of 4. And we "fit" perfectly, personality wise. He's more a Type A, take-the-lead, assertive personality. I'm more laid back, go with the flow. I'm his brakes and he's my gas pedal.

working