jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Infidelity a deal breaker?

1. valery elias profile image60
    valery eliasposted 5 years ago

Is Infidelity a deal breaker?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

For me, Absolutely. No second chances on this one. If they do it once? They will do it again.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Absolutely.  If my husband is unhappy, then I need to hear the words. We can't fix things if we don't know there is a problem.  We made vows to each other and I need to be able to trust him.  So if he was unfaithful, then I am done.  I'm not perfect but I deserve better.

4. Billie Pagliolo profile image60
    Billie Paglioloposted 5 years ago

Infidelity would not have to be a deal breaker if it is merely physical.  If a man says, "I'm sorry.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I love you. I want our family. I want to be with you for the rest of my life" - that would be forgiveable to me.  If he LOVES the other woman, however,  and is constantly thinking about her and holds her above his wife; it's a bit irretrivable I would think.   Emotional infidelity is the worse kind. It can be ongoing before there ever is a physical relationship.  If the husband has fallen in love with another woman, it's an ALMOST impossible hurdle to overcome. That kind of infidelity can be disasterous.  And if there are children involved it's tragic.

working