At 37, will he change his mind about marrying me? Need an outsiders view on a 'd

1. profile image51
    amarie3posted 5 years ago

At 37, will he change his mind about marrying me? Need an outsiders view on a 'different' situation.

Been with my 37 yr old bf for 2 yrs & he's AMAZING. (I'm 27) We live together & have been talking marriage/kids for 6 mo now, even picked out rings/loc/etc. He had a 3 mo assignment oversees, just got back & now he wants none of it. He still treats me like a princess & says he wants to be w me forever, but can no longer see a marriage/family, not w anyone. How can his mind change so fast? (never married b4, no kids) I suggested couples therapy & he's up for it, Im just worried that we're doomed. Could it be cold feet? Over-stimulated from just getting back to the USA? What should we do?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

First of all you need to appreciate his honesty; "he wants none of it." Now it's up to you to decide what it is you want. Can you be happy living with a man who treats you like a "princess"? Or is anything less than marriage a waste of time in your opinion? Only you can decide. If not getting married is a (deal breaker) for you then it's time to move on.
    You also need to ask yourself one very important question: Why do I want to marry someone who does NOT want to marry me?
    In order for him to be "the one" he would have to see you as being "the one". The underlying definition of "soulmates" is having (mutual) feelings and desires for each other and the relationship.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships, we either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.

working