jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people get married young?

1. Erin Rooney profile image58
    Erin Rooneyposted 6 years ago

Why do people get married young?

I've noticed many of my friends, coworkers, and relatives getting married before they have graduated from college. I haven't seen the marriages progress far enough to have an opinion either way, but why is it that my generation seems to be getting married so young?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5471704_f260.jpg

2. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Looking back at those days when my parents got married young, I can say that it is all about family planning.

There are 8 of us brothers and sisters. If not then I do believe it will be a small family of two like now as my wife and I didn't get married when young.

So, in the past, people got married young so that they can build a family of many kids. But now marrying young may not be the same idea as in the past. Some are hooked to marriage as they got pregnant while others are impulse.

Again there are some who got planning of having more children for future. So, it is due to some of these factors people are marrying at younger age. For those who are currently seeking for career tend to get married in a later stage of life.

3. nabeelplus profile image58
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

to enjoy my best days with my partner...do adventurous things, go to bungee jumping, scuba diving and much more

4. Liz Green Berry profile image75
    Liz Green Berryposted 6 years ago

I got married the first time when I was 16.  I was not pregnant and never have been.  I just thought I was in love... and was just - in fact - very very dumb.

My new theory is that you have to have a "starter marriage" to cut your teeth on.  You get married, it's a horrible sham, you make all your mistakes, get divorced and then this time you go looking for your ACTUAL marriage and are better equipped to handle it.

My first marriage lasted for 3 years.  My current marriage is going strong at 6 (almost 7).  Because I made all my mistakes the first time, THIS time I feel like I know - at least a little bit better - what I'm doing.

5. Designaventure profile image60
    Designaventureposted 5 years ago

Say Generation X on average got married at 29.

Now Gerneration X is over, their siblings are doing the exact opposite to what they did.

In the UK before the marriage the stag do or hen party is a huge celebration and can sometimes eclipse the wedding!!

So I am thinking that the new generation simply cannot wait until 29 to have their   stag do.

working