jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What would you do if you discovered your husband's best friend was cheating on h

1. Thundermama profile image91
    Thundermamaposted 5 years ago

What would you do if you discovered your husband's best friend was cheating on his wife?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

It would depend on the situation. Do I have proof, or is it a I saw him eating with some woman I don't know.  So much damage can be done by gossip and guessing. If I really believe he was cheating on his wife, I would discuss it with my husband and we would decide together if we talk to his buddy or not. 

I really believe I would be more comfortable staying out of it.

3. Mercia Collins profile image70
    Mercia Collinsposted 5 years ago

This is the one situation that you should keep to yourself. As Duffsmom says much damage is done by guessing, supposition, and gossip.  I think if it were me and I really couldn't keep silent, I would let him know quietly that I had seen him, no more than that. I would not tell his wife or my husband, or anyone else.

1. profile image0
      Courtney Burkeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I disagree about not telling your own husband, since I feel that secrets in a marriage do more harm than good. I think I would do it in a way that remains open to interpretation, though.

2. Mercia Collins profile image70
      Mercia Collinsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would tell my husband if it were anyone other than  His best friend. He is impulsive, and his first instinct would be to tell his friend's wife.

4. Chantelle Apple profile image60
    Chantelle Appleposted 5 years ago

I agree completely with Duffsmom. Unless you actually witness the the cheating and have proof.... leave it alone. Also, maybe your husband should handle this awkward situation being he's the guy's best friend.

5. profile image0
    Courtney Burkeposted 5 years ago

If you're absolutely certain (as in you actually see them making out or something), perhaps a confrontation with an ultimatum is in order: "You tell her or I will." Or better yet, approach him while he is with his mistress and direct your confrontation at her with, "You do realize he's married, right?" Of course, it would be hard to follow through without dropping a painful bombshell on the wife, but you may be able to help set up the circumstances for her to discover it for herself.

working