jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If your partner cheats on you is there any exception for forgiveness

1. SIJO1 profile image72
    SIJO1posted 5 years ago

If your partner cheats on you is there any exception for forgiveness

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

For me personally there is no exception. When I am in love with someone I give it my all. If for some reason that was not enough to cause the person to remain loyal the first time then there is nothing I have left to offer differently a second time.
    The only way I could ever imagine forgiving someone for cheating would be if I felt I played some role in pushing them away, (neglect, distant, verbal/physical abuse, inconsiderate, unsupportive, unromantic, lack of passion, unaffectionate....etc) Any of these actions makes it easy for a stranger to put a smile on your mate's face and in their heart. Ultimately cheating a personal decision one makes just as forgiveness. Each of us is entitled to have our own "deal breakers".

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Nope. If he cheats, he is gone. We have talked about this before. It's the rule that goes for both of us.

4. RavenT2011 profile image67
    RavenT2011posted 5 years ago

If you are a true Christian you know that there aren't any exceptions to forgiveness regardless of the trangression of others against you. God gave his  son only begotten son for us and he is very forgiving of our sins when we ask for forgivness. God forgives us the very moment we ask and never speaks of it again.
    "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." Paul Boese

5. techap profile image68
    techapposted 5 years ago

There can never be any kind of exception. If its a marriage, you can try and understand and forgive your partner to save your relationship with your family while in case of open relationships there is nothing to be forgiven just to be forgotten.

working