jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe in "love at first sight?"

1. maheshpatwal profile image73
    maheshpatwalposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in "love at first sight?"

Or there is no such thing called "love at first sight". All such things are imaginary and are restricted only to movies and romantic novels.

2. fosginger profile image61
    fosgingerposted 5 years ago

I believe that is only in movies, or novels. Personally always wanted that Morticia and Gomez love myself. Yeeea. never found that. Every time I thought I did he ended up being Tully, sneaky little jerks.

3. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

It happened to me over 30 years ago. And we're still married.

But love at first sight requires daily work to make it keep happening!

4. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 5 years ago

It's an individualistic opinion. Some would say Yes, while some would say No until they find one...

You can't know about something until and unless it happens.. I've fallen in love in may be the fourth or fifth sight, but not at the first sight yet...

5. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Of course. I did when I met my wife. I propose to her on the first day and we got married after 3 weeks.

It may seems like fairy tale but it does happen. Love is always a mystery to many as before knowing my wife, I had many other girls who were with me for 2 - 7 years but nothing happen until I met my wife. It is instant love at first sight!

And we are still happily married about more than 20 years ...

6. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I do not believe in "love at first sight" but I do believe in "lust at first sight".

7. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 5 years ago

Yes - it has happened to me twice - first at 18 and then at 24.  The 18 encounter was my first true love - we would have married but since he was 2 years younger than I was - our parents forbid it.  The second at 24 - is the Dad to my 30 something daughter.  I still feel the same way about them both after all these years.  So - maybe - there is some truth to the expression.  Good question.

8. Rod Marsden profile image74
    Rod Marsdenposted 5 years ago

I believe that it can happen. I also believe that it can be hampered by one of the participants not acting soon enough. There is oft times a metaphorical rope you can hang yourself by if you misread and get it wrong. But if you never take a chance you never find happiness with anyone.

working