jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

When someone does a nice gesture towards you, do you react graciously or shyly?

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

When someone does a nice gesture towards you, do you react graciously or shyly?

It has to do with personality. do you think?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7288163_f260.jpg

2. Sue B. profile image97
    Sue B.posted 5 years ago

Interesting question!
    I believe I try to be gracious and make it a point to be; however, my automatic response is definitely shy, unfortunately.

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Many of us are that way...its  ok!!

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Did you make the cake? it looks delicious! Anyway, if you mean by graciously that I reciprocate when possible or in comment, yes I do. I also respond shyly if it's something I hadn't been expecting and saw no reason for, but and truly grateful. You're right, it does have to do with personality as well as what you have learnt throughout your lifetime.

Diane Woodsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, It was my birthday cake on July 5th this year from Michael! It was yummy and I just had to get a shot of it before we ate it all up!!1 Thank you so much for your comment....

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Sometimes graciously and sometimes shyly. In any case, I feel grateful and thankful to the person, for making me happy.

5. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

a little of both...sometimes graciously and sometimes shyly. I think it depends on what it is....

6. carolp profile image81
    carolpposted 5 years ago

When someone does a nice gesture towards me, i will react graciously and give a smile.

7. One Ribby Dibby profile image60
    One Ribby Dibbyposted 5 years ago

I think about when I go out to eat with my friend. Sometimes she will offer to get both our tabs. Naturally, I refuse a couple times expressing that she really doesn't need to do that, when she genuinely wants to. I think we should accept nice gestures graciously and with a thankful heart. I know when I offer a nice gesture I certainly don't want it refused.

8. aniedda1 profile image60
    aniedda1posted 5 years ago

I accept the gesture graciously. I've taught my granddaughter to always say thank you when someone pays her accomplishment, which is often, she's a beautiful

9. SamUlmer profile image60
    SamUlmerposted 5 years ago

Graciously! Let them know their kindness is appreciated and in turn, I will pass it on.

working