jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Why some women like older men?

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

Why some women like older men?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Because some women cannot take men their age seriously. Why would dating a man my own age be a good idea? They are just as blind as me! Having an older man seems a better idea because they are wiser, have already purchased a few vehicles, possibly a house, and have a few tricks up their sleeves.

1. StandingJaguar profile image78
      StandingJaguarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They also have more "achievements" under their belt, which I suppose is inherently more attractive. wink

2. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Entirely. They have been through more and are, usually, more education than those the woman's age.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I don't know why some women like older men, but I suspect that it is for the same reasons that I, as a youth, liked older women - they knew the job, and got on with it.

4. krillco profile image95
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

We have experience, wisdom, and patience. That goes a long way is sooo many environments.

5. Attikos profile image78
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

We don't just come and go, we have staying power.

6. krsharp05 profile image92
    krsharp05posted 5 years ago

Older men possess a maturity that seems so lacking in the younger generations.

7. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I do believe it is a matter of maturity. Mature men are more stable so likely to gain the preference of women.

8. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

Women like older men because men their own age have less maturity and women get tired of this...they need a man they can count on. The older men have already gone through that stage in life.

9. Globetrekkermel profile image76
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

I dated an older man when I was in my twenties.He was gorgeous and so refined to the ways of the world. He was 44  and I was 24. I was attracted to him because he was very worldly ,cultured and an excellent fine man.He knew how to wine and dine a woman.He took me to Hongkong on our first year anniversary.He was also very gifted as a musician.I thought I was going to marry him but it was not meant to be , LOL! Now he is 76  and i am only 56 and he is not doing well healthwise.That goes without saying, beauty is skin deep.I wonder how would it be like had I married him?Will I still be as madly in love to him now as I was so in love with him then?  He'd be in a rocking chair and I would be still up and about. Hmmm. all is fair in love and war, isn't it?

10. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 5 years ago

As an expat I see this in the extreme very often. When expats talk about the ages of there wives / GFs they usually refer to the years of separation between them. Numbers like 20. 25, etc. are common, some are more, 36 is my current.
    But we live in worlds that are often torn apart and where families are relative. Most women either don't know or dislike their fathers and that has a great deal to do with it. They also have had few if any good experiences with the local men.
    Add all this up and the answer is stability.
    My parents ask what on earth I could have in common with such a young woman? But move to another country and you have nothing in common with anyone of any age.
    My personal experience is that every woman I've dated over 40 has too many issues and too much baggage. It’s not that they have it, we all do, it is that they open it every day and live in it.

11. alphagirl profile image81
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

Well most men, not all men mature at a later age. Older men are sometimes more established and are ready for a relationship. They are more financially stable sometimes and can give the relationship more thought.

12. creativesq profile image78
    creativesqposted 5 years ago

The answer to this question has many variables but I created a hub just to answer your question focusing on a point of view based on my personal experience. I hope you like it and learn a thing or two. Thank you for your inspiration.

working