jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is Love Scary?

1. CrazedNovelist profile image84
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

Is Love Scary?

Sometimes I get this fear when I realize I'm loved, though it disappears over time. Anyone else get the fluttering feeling or the gasping for air? It happens when you realize that someone truly meant the words "I Love You."

2. flashmakeit profile image67
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I get confused and worried when someone say I love you in an intimate way and I cannot return the love back to them.  It does get my attention and makes me feel a little helpless.

3. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

LOVE is the most wonderful thing that can ever happen to anyone.

Love makes the world goes round. Love is great.

Give love and be loved.

CrazedNovelistposted 5 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. multiculturalsoul profile image81
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

If love weren't scary, I couldn't write romance.

Yes, love is scary, but in a thrilling OMG-S/HE-LOVES-ME!-WHY-OH-WHY-ME?-IS-S/HE-CRAZY?-WHAT-DO-I-DO-ABOUT-IT? kind of way. Love tends to turn a person's world upside-down and sideways. The ground shifts. What was normal yesterday isn't normal today. Yesterday you were alone, and now there's this person in front of you or on the phone or on the computer or in your doorway or coming over in a few or holding your hand while watching Bernie Mac reruns ...

Love is indeed a trip to Coney Island on the Fourth of July.

Awesome answer!! smile

5. Amy Becherer profile image72
    Amy Bechererposted 5 years ago

Yes, Aubrey, I get that sense of claustrophobia, but only when I doubt my abiity to return the love.  I have relinquished myself with abandon to love in my youth, when I felt immortal to pain.  But, having been hurt and having inflicted hurt, I am no longer cavalier regarding love.  Once, it felt easier to acquiese to the hopes of another and say "I love you", rather than face the truth in dashing their hopes.  In the end, it caused far more pain for prolonging what wasn't the truth. I found that "to thine own self be true" to be, ultimately, the most loving responsibility in love.

I believe love is more than the casual slot it most often occupies as a temporary massage for loneliness.  I believe in love, but I believe mutual, real love is rare. But, when it is real for both, doubt, games and fear of abandonment disappear.  It is then more than a physical experience and enters the realm of spiritual.  There is where I hope to land someday, fearless.

Wow.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I believe more people are comfortable with having someone (love them) then they are being "in love" with someone.
    To be “in love” and totally (emotionally invested) in a relationship is to be in a vulnerable position. Oftentimes people will find a way to keep one foot out of the relationship in order cushion any possible heartache that may eventually come. They don’t want to get use to counting on or dare I say, “needing” a person to be happy in life. The very thought of a breakup may (scare) them to death. This may cause them to look for problems that aren’t there. For these people being “in love” and "happy" seems unnatural. Disappointment and drama is their comfort zone. They’ve convinced themselves that nothing good lasts forever. To be scared in a relationship means you are not comfortable with happiness which (keeps you from enjoying and living in the moment).

Absolutely brilliant!! You're spot on.

7. profile image0
    mayank786posted 5 years ago

if the lover is scary then the love is scary if the lover is angel then the love is awesome.

working