jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Do you prefer to spend most of your time alone or with your friends?

1. Seckin Esen profile image90
    Seckin Esenposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer to spend most of your time alone or with your friends?

2. Trish89 profile image68
    Trish89posted 5 years ago

I enjoy spending my time alone, well not really alone but with my family. On occasion I do go out with friends. Once you have a kid, your priorities change.

Seckin Esenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer Trish89.

3. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Due to running 2 businesses, I spend far more time than I would like, with lots of people.  When I have ME time, that's precisely who I like to spend it with......ME.!  I treasure alone-time and I can get into solitude, peace and quiet...or just doing whatever it is I feel like doing at the moment.  Getting together with "friends" is really just an occasional thing.  Let's face it, Hubbers have friends at their fingertips, 24/7!!    and it's great!
    Holidays and special occasions are spent mostly with "family."

Yes, you are right fpherj48. Thanks for your answer.

4. Deborah-Diane profile image83
    Deborah-Dianeposted 5 years ago

I like to have a balance between the time I spend with family and friends, and the time I spend alone.  I enjoy being with other people; however, I also feel the need to have some time alone every day.  I think a balanced approach is best!

You are right, that's the best if you can balance it Deborah-Diane. Thanks for your answer.

5. drmiddlebrook profile image95
    drmiddlebrookposted 5 years ago

I think most adults spend most of their time either with family, or alone. Oh, it's fun to think about the lives some of our favorite TV characters lived (such as on "Friends," "Living Single," and "Seinfeld"). But, the truth is that there aren't enough hours in the day for us to get our work done well (home and employment tasks), spend time with family, and still be able to spend inordinate amounts of time "shooting the breeze" with good friends. I'm single with no kids, so it's not about whether you're single or have a family. I think it's about what must be your priorities in managing your life. I have some wonderful friends that I love, and I even wish I could spend more time with them (either in person or through electronic communication). But sadly, there's just not enough time.

I definitely agree with you drmiddlebrook. Thank you so much for your answer.

6. Audrey Baker profile image84
    Audrey Bakerposted 5 years ago

I prefer being with family, though I definitely cherish alone time. I like spending time with friends from time to time as well, but as someone mentioned, there isn't much time left in life (the way we live it) for friends. It's a little sad, really.

That's right Audrey Baker. Thank you for your brief answer.

7. J. Biaza profile image61
    J. Biazaposted 5 years ago

This is a two fold question.  There are times when friends are needed and their companionship is wanted.  Also there should be a decompression time when one needs to take a deep breath and let it out with no one around.

8. Jennifer Bart profile image60
    Jennifer Bartposted 5 years ago

I prefer to be alone. I am a very introverted person so I spend most of time alone. I don't have many friends either.

Seckin Esenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the answer Jennifer.

9. profile image58
    Sharathperlampadyposted 3 years ago

Normally i wish to be alone.

It depends how we were in baby and childhood , if we were with a joint family we wish to be with friends. And if we were with mother and father only, we prefer to be alone most of the time. Not applies to all, but for most of the people.

working