jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do to save your relationship ?

1. techniche profile image64
    technicheposted 5 years ago

What would you do to save your relationship ?

If the other person with whom you are in relation with is in severe anger and does not want to talk to you anymore , then what would you do ?

2. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

If they will go try counseling because it really works with the right counselor.

technicheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Counselling does not gonna work here as in this situation one person is really in anger and does not want to hear you .

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I'd take a step back. I don't believe in trying to force someone to be with me. If I have to sell, persuade, or strong arm someone to stay with me then it's clear that they are not "the one" for me. There are times when a person may realize how much they care about you once you are no longer around. To paraphrase a famous quote : "If you love someone set them free and if they don't come back it wasn't meant to be."
    The whole notion of "soul mates" is based upon (both people) sharing the same values, (wanting) the same things for the relationship, and most of all having the same (depth of feelings) for one another. In order for them to be "the one" they would have to see you as being "the one".
    It's impossible to claim someone is our "soul mate" if that person does not want to be with us.
    Once again my answer is to let go, wait a month, and if my mate does not make a move towards getting back together I will assume it's time for me to move on. Thankfully we have 7 Billion people on this planet! Odds are in your favor there is more than one person who would love and appreciate you for who you are. Best of luck!

It may happen that the other person took the decision in anger . He/She might cool down later on and would suppose us to talk and clear with them . In that case , I guess we cant step back.

4. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Nice question!! I have to ask how serious is the relationship, what are they angry about, and what type of relationship is it (boyfriend/girlfriend or marriage)???

If we are a couple, not married and I really did something so extreme where he would not talk to me, then I would wait it out and give him his space.  I assume we have already talked about the situation and I apologized.  If he truly loves me, then my hopes is he would come back.  I wouldn't force the situation.  I would just give it time and if it's meant to be it will be.  If not, then eventually I would have to move on.

Yeah , giving the other person some time to reckon everything seems good idea . That way , they feel the true value of other person being in separation as well . But this space can only be given only if you have stated everything from your side .....

5. ryanjhoe profile image61
    ryanjhoeposted 5 years ago

I will be eager to save my relationship as possible I could do, but there are cases where we can not force a relationship if it should end up, that's based from my experience.

6. hulah cagen profile image60
    hulah cagenposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I guess you have to step outside of it and think -can I really change this person or should I be the one changing? Is there a patten in the situation that is occuring? Am I feeling the same emotions each time? Do I need to do something to self heal myself so as not to feel that way.  There is this something here recommended to me :
    I would love some feedback on this