This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you give new people you meet a second chance to make a first impression?

1. angel4967 profile image60
    angel4967posted 5 years ago

Do you give new people you meet a second chance to make a first impression?

Some people make great first impressions and turn out to be phony once you get to know them.  Some people make horrible first impressions because well, they are horrible.  Many make a great first impression because they are genuine.  If you met one of these less than desirable people would you give them a second chance to improve or are you done after the initial meeting?

2. PurvisBobbi44 profile image82
    PurvisBobbi44posted 5 years ago

I believe in giving a second chance to anyone whom I might meet. And if in the second chance they are still lacking in the manners, attitude and personality---then I put these people in the past and repast category.

This means if I see them at the same event or etc.--- I speak and go on without conversation.

angel4967posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good answer, don't waste too much time on people who don't deserve it.  Life is too short.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

If it's for dating purposes, yes, they get a second chance IF there's a connection because dating is nerve-racking.

I was talking in general and hadn't thought about dating.  Thank you for your comment.

4. Waldo Numbly profile image61
    Waldo Numblyposted 5 years ago

I am not a social person, so I make no extra efforts to accept people into my life.  I immediately reject any behaviors that I find distasteful, such as dishonesty, rudeness, or excessive use of shallow cliche's and trendy catch-phrases.  I like people who are honest and sensitive and intimate.  So, no; no second chances with me.

As always, I love your comment!  I have been burned so many times I am going to try and start listening to my gut and if something seems off I'm out of there!

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I constantly change my idea of individuals as we continue seeing each other. Most individuals are entirely different in their personal life and at work. So I always analyze them to try to understand them better. One of my favorites is looking at their desk and analyzing the space based on the person to see what they are like.

I like that you genuinely want to care.

working