jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

If your spouse should become ill and is unable to perform sexually?

1. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 5 years ago

If your spouse should become ill and is unable to perform sexually?

Would you

1. Cheat

2. Leave

3. Stay

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

3. Stay and purchase toys. Sexual is just part of the relationship. Why throw him away or go to someone else when I love him for his personality, that he's always there for me, the little things about him I adore, all we have been through, and especially for the children. He's mine and I'm keeping him. Doesn't matter how much or how long he's sick.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Of course I would stay. I don't just love the sexual part of our relationship.  That is one part of a greater whole. He is my other half, and I am in this through thick or thin, illness, health - through it all.

Would I grieve for the loss of that intimacy?--yes, of course, but he is too important to me in all aspects of our life together for me to abandon him because of this one disability.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I'd stay but short of a coma a person can be sexual no matter what's wrong with them. It's just a matter of being more creative.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree if a person is in love (they) will find a way to continue to please their mate in creative ways.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I think it comes down to the attitude of the spouse. As peeples stated "anything short of a coma" there are ways for your mate to creatively please you. If they don't think you are worth the effort then they won't make the effort.
    There are some people that would allow their mate to have sex with other people as long as they are discreet. In those cases that would not be "cheating".
    Having said that if I was with someone that did not think I was the effort to attempt to please and they insisted I did not have sex with anyone else then I'd probably leave. I know (myself) well enough to know if I stayed I would probably end up cheating on them.
    Personally speaking if I was not able to perform sexually I would use every working body part I had to please my wife. I could never adopt the selfish mindset of: because she can't give me orgasms then I won't give them to her.
    There is a difference between being ill and being dead!