jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you trust a man if he told you he was on birth control?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image91
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

Would you trust a man if he told you he was on birth control?

Doctors think that birth control pills for men will soon be available. If you - as a woman - were about to have sex with a man, would you trust him if he said he was using birth control? What are the odds that he's lying just to have sex?

2. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

Along with the likelyhood of giving him a rather concerned, questionable look and inquiring as to why, who knows. This day and age there isn't anything new under the sun

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I don't think birth control pills for men will ever catch on for the simple fact that (men cannot become pregnant). There is no "real incentive" for him to remember to take his pill daily. If there is a pregnancy he (won't) have to make the tough decision of  whether to terminate the pregnancy or carry it to term.
    To be honest with you men who don't want to be fathers should not blindly trust a woman who states she is on birth control. Both people should take precautions to avoid unwanted pregnancies.
    As we now live in a world with several strands of STDs it's not wise to have "un-protected sex". Birth control pills and shots will not protect you from getting a STD.

4. Psychodelicious profile image59
    Psychodeliciousposted 5 years ago

I probably wouldn't unless we were in a committed relationship and knew those kind of facts about each other.  This question reminds me of an episode of divorce court I watched once though where the pregnant wife had said her husband told her he was unable to have children and she said she trusted him.  The judge responded with "When are women going to realize men are what they do not what they say"

5. ESPeck1919 profile image93
    ESPeck1919posted 5 years ago

It would depend on the man. If I was in a committed relationship with him and already trust him implicitly, I would.

Otherwise, no. I'd insist on using extra protection.

6. Livingtwentyfirst profile image79
    Livingtwentyfirstposted 5 years ago

UMM? Yes and no.Yes if i know the man well but total know for all others.