jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What's the most romantic thing someone has ever told you?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

What's the most romantic thing someone has ever told you?

2. Stina Caxe profile image85
    Stina Caxeposted 5 years ago

That he still had a voicemail saved that I left him 4 years ago.

1. lupine profile image72
      lupineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You made quite an impression on him!

3. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

When he looked deep into my eyes, gently cupped my face with this hands, and said "You are my world now." It was like a scene out of a movie!

4. greencha profile image69
    greenchaposted 5 years ago

''I like your smile,and thanks for the nice meal--goodbye!''

5. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

I have somehow always been attracted to the Sheldon Coopers of the world for some inexplicable reason, so we're measuring with a different ruler here!  The most romantic marriage proposal one of these left-brained guys could muster (on Valentine's Day no less) was: "I think we should start to look at each other as potential marriage partners." My heart was all aflutter! The other most romantic moment in my life is when I was on a date with my present husband sitting at a tall table a Sports Bar on an uncommonly quiet night. Something triggered a political discussion, and I was going on and on about my social justice views and ranting and raving about injustice in the world when I looked at Mike and his eyes simply shone with fascination and admiration. I remember thinking "WHAT in the heck is he smiling at?" and then I realized he was smiling admiringly at my ideas!  So like Amy, in "Big Bang" we know our source and evaluate the comments from these guys on a relative scale;  we recognize "romantic" from them even though the world might not.

6. AmandaLBrantley profile image74
    AmandaLBrantleyposted 5 years ago

The most romantic thing someone has ever told me was not "I love You."  It was the sweet words, "you are my forever." Now most of the time that line would be lame, but with person it was a seiner gesture of love. I easily believe he mean it because he asked me to marry him.

7. Virgo908 profile image82
    Virgo908posted 5 years ago

During the first few years of our marriage, my husband would always write notes to me saying, "You're the best thing that ever happened to me..."