Who was or is the one person you respect most in your lifetime so far?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Who was or is the one person you respect most in your lifetime so far?

Who was or is  the one person in your lifetime you respect the most and why?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

That would have to be my grandfather. He was such a kind, compassionate, loving person. He never met a stranger and was there to help whomever needed it.

Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi JThomp,

Yes, grandfathers have to be at the top as far as being respected no doubt!  I appreciate the answer.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome.

3. cjpooja26 profile image61
    cjpooja26posted 11 years ago

My mother, she is very supportive, kind and very lovely and always guide me in every difficulty.

Hi cjpooja,

Thanks so much for answering.  Mothers are of great influence, as was mine!

4. marcoujor profile image73
    marcoujorposted 11 years ago

Oh Faith, You will not be surprised that I select my beloved Mother. 

Miss Sammie left an opportunity for a college tuition, as in the 1920s, the South did not emphasize women pursuing further education.  Mom moved up to PA when she married Dad and provided the most  perfect nurturing guidance to me and my three siblings.  She encouraged our education and always participated in every aspect of our lives.  She celebrated our happy times and stood strong with us during our darkest hours.  Mom taught me the meaning of unconditional love through her every action.

This question is as beautiful as you, dear friend. Thank you. Love, Maria

Oh Dearest Maria, I knew without a doubt your beloved Mother was going to be your answer, should you choose to answer.  I also had three siblings, and I had so much respect for her for the same reasons you have written here. UABI

5. Amy Becherer profile image66
    Amy Bechererposted 11 years ago

My beloved father is the person I respect most in my life.  He was my "Mother Theresa", always there for me, tending to me if I was sick and ready to lend a hand in any endeavor where I needed help.  He set an exemplary example as a truly giving, selfless person, a diligent employee at his workplace, a responsible, reliable, caring family man.  He lived his motto that actions speak louder than words.  He got joy from giving.  Because he needed little in the way of consumerism, he was apt to give away gifts to someone he knew was in need. Rather than trade in his basic but older Honda when he was buying a new one, he gave it to a man at his workplace who had no transportation other than the bus he took to work everyday.  He didn't mention doing good, I found out years later from my mom; dad just did it.   He was a quiet, unassuming angel among us, who simply followed his conscience and his heart to to do the right thing.

Hi Amy, thanks so much for sharing about your beloved father!  How lovely.

2. Amy Becherer profile image66
      Amy Bechererposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this special opportunity to express thoughts about my beloved dad, dearest Faith, through your beautiful question.

3. Faith Reaper profile image82

You're welcome, Amy.  All of the answers are great and from one's own personal perspective.  You expressed your thoughts very well as always.

6. Rosemay50 profile image61
    Rosemay50posted 11 years ago

My Grandmother. When I was very young I needed to go into hospital for surgery 14 times over a period of 3 years. The hospital was many miles away from home but my Grandma moved house so she could always be there with me.  She was there for me always until she passed away. I was too young to tell her just how much I appreciated her constant love... I hope she knows

Hi Rosemary,  thanks so much for answer and sharing about your very precious grandma.  What cherished memories you will have of her for a lifetime!  God bless.

7. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

That is a tough question to narrow to one person. I really did not know my grandfathers. One died before I was born, and the other was ill and died when I was very young.
    Naturally, my father rates as the most important influence and the person deserving the most respect. However, I lost him when I was about 26. I was the youngest of three, and he died in his early 60s. So when he was gone there was a void. I was fortunate that my boss at that time, Red Shirley, (I did a hub about him) unofficially stepped into that roll of mentor and guardian. He did not tell me how to run my life, but he did offer input when I was making decisions about buy a car, house, etc. He was someone you could talk to about anything. He and my Dad were very much a like. It was good to have him around. He definitely had an impact on my future life.

Hi Larry, wow, thank you for sharing about who you respect in your life.  It is all very interesting.  God bless you.

8. Sparklea profile image61
    Sparkleaposted 11 years ago

100 percent my husband, Dave.  It would take several pages to even describe his wonderful qualities.  I certainly do have friends and family I love and respect, but, still, my husband ranks on top.

Briefly, I respect Dave because he is genuine, honest, and he always tells the truth.  He never responds to a person out of fear.  For example, I've seen people at work answer a question from his/her supervisor with a response they thought the supervisor wanted to hear, NOT the truth!  Or, if the supervisor degrades an employee he/she does not defend themselves.

One time at a place my husband used to work, his supervisor approached him.  He was very nasty to Dave, basically intimated to him that he didn't know what he was doing.  Dave followed him into his office, pointed his finger at his boss, and said, "Don't you EVER talk to me like that again!"   His supervisor backed right down, and he was civil to Dave from that day on.   

If someone (myself included) asks Dave for advice, he is totally up front with his answer.  He is honest.  If he does not agree with what a person did or said, he says so.

Also, my husband does not only love me, he CHERISHES me.  And I him.  He never calls me a bad name, he is never sarcastic with me, he never yells at me. 

He helped me raise my son and daughter who were only 8 and 7 when we got married.  They both adored him while growing up.

Most important he tells me every day that he loves me.  He is my role model.
    I love and respect him with all my heart.     Blessings, Sparklea smile

Hi Sparklea!  Wow, no doubt your husband deserves all the respect in the world!  What a blessing of a husband.  Who could not help but to cherish you!  Awesome answer.

9. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 11 years ago

I would have to say my mother.  I didn't appreciate how much she sacrificed in her lifetime to raise her children.  She was wise beyond her years.  I didn't see this until I was married and had my family.  As you probably can understand, it is when we suddenly realize how valuable our upbringing was and the love given freely as a child.  I only wish I would have told her this more often before she passed on to be with our dear Lord.

Hi teaches, what a great answer, and I can relate too.  My mother sacrificed much, and I should have told her how I appreciated her more.

10. TerryK81 profile image59
    TerryK81posted 11 years ago

My father for his being a single parent who did his best and never gave up. The number One is God: as I've come to know Him more, I see what a dip I've been. His word and ways are life and wisdom. Many hate Him, blame Him, and refuse to believe He exists; that's their personal belief. If people would just give Him a sincere chance and not snap at Him when things don't go the way they want them to.

Hi TerryK81, thanks for sharing and for the awesome answer here.  God bless.

11. Anna Haven profile image71
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

My grandmother for being funny, honest, kind and always there.

Hi Anna,  thanks so much for answering the question. Yes, grandmothers are near and dear to one's heart for sure.  Their's is a special kind of love.

12. Rachna Rai profile image56
    Rachna Raiposted 10 years ago

My mother. She is undoubtedly the most important person in my life. She is always by my side whenever I need her. She is a great motivator and encourages me to achieve my goals. She understands me so well that even if I do not say anything she can predict what is going on in my mind. If given a chance to born again, I would like to be her child. She is my best buddy. Today whatever I have achieved, all credit goes to my lovable mother..

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rachna Rai,  thanks so much for answering the question.  You are very blessed to have a wonderful mother as you do.

13. Edward J. Palumbo profile image85
    Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years ago

One of our staff NCOs in Viet Nam was an extraordinary human being who generated trust and loyalty in his Marines because he deserved it. Later, my active duty ended and he retired but, through the wonders of modern technology (personal computers) we were able to reestablish and maintain contact. Soon after retirement, he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and he dealt with the development of his MS with the same courage and humor that we observed in the past. His faith remained strong, and he continued to be a role model to me. In 2009, we learned that brain tumors had been discovered and time was quickly running out. He was alert and well oriented, knew that he had only weeks to live, but he was still a model of courage and faith. Three of his "boys" flew to spend time with him, and all of us came away better for it. Three weeks later, he passed on. He remains one of the most respected human beings in my life, and he will never be forgotten by those who were blessed to know him.

Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, my goodness, Edward, thank you so much for sharing about such a fine man of great integrity who deserved the utmost of respect no doubt about it.  What a powerful testimony of courage, faith and perserverance indeed!  We need a billion more!

14. profile image53
    Arshi Chhabraposted 7 years ago

Well undoubtedly my dad, he is the person I respect the most. I not only respect him for his unconditional love for his family but also for his love for humanity and his honesty.
    He is the most selfless person I have ever known and his passion of only giving and not expecting anything in return.
    It is tough to find such people in this cruel world and thus m proud of him and day by day my respect for him keeps increasing ☺️

Faith Reaperposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering. You are blessed to have such a loving day in this life. He sounds amazing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)