jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have a role model that you haven't met? if so who?

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

Do you have a role model that you haven't met? if so who?

2. Andy McGuire profile image80
    Andy McGuireposted 5 years ago

One should be very careful about choosing role models. Just because they are cool onscreen, onstage or on the field doesn't mean they should be idolized. Do you know how many people considered OJ Simpson a role model? Or Michael Jackson? Or Lindsay Lohan?  The joke's on them now. Role models should be people that you know or have at least researched beyond their public personas.
    That being said, I look up to the following people, knowing that they are the types that I can respect and most likely approach on the street: Tim Mcillrath, Damien Echols, and Stanislov Petrov.

3. Livingtwentyfirst profile image76
    Livingtwentyfirstposted 5 years ago

Yes i consider
    Nelson Mandela my role model.Mandela always put his people first.He was president for only one time resigning to allow younger people to take over and he doesnt talk too much

4. jaydene profile image69
    jaydeneposted 5 years ago

a good question.  I don't think i have one specific role model.  and also they don't have to be famous, right?   I just know that the people we meet can be positive or negative role models.   I am hoping, and wanting a positive one to come into my life.   A mentor so to speak,  there is so much  we can do to help each other. 
        thanks

working