jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

Why in the world do women always do this ?

1. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Why in the world do women always do this ?

After listening to women in conversation , she will say " ....Oh , that's enough of me going on and on about myself , .....Noe let me hear you go on and on about me "!!.......He he

2. profile image0
    Beth37posted 5 years ago

In real life, I have a bad habit of letting other women share, and not sharing any part of my life. It seems to make ppl like being around me quite a bit cause we are focused on them the whole time, but I end up feeling like I don't matter. (That came out more depressing than I meant it to be. lol)

1. profile image0
      Etta33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know exactly what you mean, Beth.

2. lilmissmontana profile image88
      lilmissmontanaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way. My best friend never talks about anything but herself. If I try to bring my life up at all she somehow twists it around to be about her life. I'm used to it now, but it's rather annoying.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Always?? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.

1. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am also a woman and I've never heard any woman say this, nor have I ever said it.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I rarely talk about myself other than a short sentence or two. When I talk about myself, it is more likely to be a funny story that happened. ahorseback, you need to find some less self-centered people to hang around.

5. Rosemay50 profile image79
    Rosemay50posted 5 years ago

Hmmmmm In my experience it is more of a 'Man' thing. Lol

1. hrymel profile image87
      hrymelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very true.

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 5 years agoin reply to this

6. hrymel profile image87
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

I've only seen women in comics, movies, or tv shows say something like that, never in real life.

7. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I don't do that and I've never heard any other woman or man do that! Sounds to me like they're flirting with you and want to hear what you have to say about them, hoping all the while that it's juicy and exactly what they hoped you would say...

8. Valorie Esquilona profile image79
    Valorie Esquilonaposted 5 years ago

I think I've heard that on TV shows or movies but never in real life.

9. apicodesigns profile image59
    apicodesignsposted 5 years ago

I am also a women but i am not like that. I have never heard about this but yeah i always watch this only on tv shows and movies.

10. profile image0
    itsjustnormitaposted 5 years ago

LOL, I think you have been talking and listening to the wrong women. Now enough of you, let's talk about ME!..:-)

11. profile image50
    phuchh1402posted 5 years ago

There is no always in woman dictionary. Actually woman is complicated, the way they think, and speak are completely different. It's even giving yourself a hard time think about that they say.

12. lupine profile image74
    lupineposted 5 years ago

I have never heard this in person, but have heard it on a movie or tv show. Where have you been hearing women saying this?

13. profile image51
    NikkiTalkzposted 5 years ago

Must say I have never heard that one, but to answer the question, perhaps because these women are a bit self absorbed. I'm guessing its a joke though, so its actually kind of cute in a shallow, I love me kind of way. I would have responded "nah I think I'd rather listen to you tell me how amazing I am!"

14. ketage profile image82
    ketageposted 5 years ago

I would say its a joke, never heard a woman say that in real life before. Although i have seen it on tv.
    Maybe your lady friend just saw it on tv and thought it would be funny :-)

15. prektjr.dc profile image87
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

Always is a strong word as I have never made the statement you refer to and I am a woman over 50!  I am thinking you need to look for a different type of woman if you find that they "always" say things that insinuate they are only concerned with themselves.  Begin by looking in places with women of intelligence and personal motivation who will not need your flattery to feel good about herself. 
    Good luck!

16. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i don't about myself that often. My hubby forbid me to do so. I would ask more about the other party and "dig in" more juicy news about their hubby!