jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)

Here is a fun one - what is the dumbest rumor you heard about yourself?

1. lovedope profile image57
    lovedopeposted 5 years ago

Here is a fun one - what is the dumbest rumor you heard about yourself?

2. wqaindia profile image64
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

That I have the capability of making a few thousand dollars per month at HP. But nobody shares the secret.

3. lorddraven2000 profile image89
    lorddraven2000posted 5 years ago

In high school there was supposedly a cult that drunk blood and threatened everyone. I was accused of being the leader.

4. Spongy0llama profile image89
    Spongy0llamaposted 5 years ago

Rumor: My girlfriend broke up with me because she caught me kissing a guy and that she was the reason I went gay.

Truth: I broke up with my girlfriend because I was gay.

5. Author Cheryl profile image88
    Author Cherylposted 5 years ago

That I am gay because my hair is short lol.  Hardly by any means gay.  I love men totally.

1. SidKemp profile image95
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Someone once thought I was gay because my hair was long. But I love women totally. smile

2. Author Cheryl profile image88
      Author Cherylposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Was that necessary or are you just drinking too much caffiene

3. SidKemp profile image95

I hope you did not find my comment offensive. My apologies - it was meant in a light and joyful way.

4. Author Cheryl profile image88
      Author Cherylposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I actually thought it was funny as so was my response lol

5. SidKemp profile image95

I'm glad - gay, straight, who cares, as long as we're laughing!

6. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

In high school, I never even tried any hard drugs. (Don't ask about pot, I won't tell, but I've been totally clean for over 30 years.)

I asked a friend in high school what Speed was like, and she said, "I thought you were on it."

That's when I realized that I am very sensitive to caffiene!

7. That Grrl profile image74
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

People were saying I was a Mennonite at my first real full time job. I was 16 and just quiet by nature.

1. SidKemp profile image95

This is hilarious and wonderful!

8. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I heard one time that I was on drugs and in the hospital rehabbing. I was actually on vacation.

9. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I only knew my husband just over 3 months when I married him. I was 19 and all the older gals I worked with at the bank thought I was likely pregnant.  It really hurt my feelings because I was a virgin when I got married so their thinking was way off base.

10. profile image0
    Educateurselfposted 5 years ago

My sisters said to me you are so fool and dumb. But I am not hahaha

11. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 5 years ago

I worked at a hosptial and apparently I slept with every guy I worked with there...no wonder I never had time to do my job - or anything else for that matter!

12. NornsMercy profile image59
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

Since my hair used to be really long and dark, people would call me a witch. I thought it was just a joke but later found out that people REALLY thought I performed curses and rituals. XD

13. tomy101 profile image69
    tomy101posted 5 years ago

That I was married? Don't even want to be..lol

14. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 5 years ago

That I was drug addict since I am very skinny and look sickly back when I was in high school. sad

15. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

oh yeah, there was one. Someone told me that he saw me in the TV participating in a quiz show. Frankly speaking, my IQ is not that high and so is my EQ too. I have stage fright and I can;t even think properly when i am in front of a batch of people. The worst part is, "I" was in a Singapore quiz show. By the way, I haven't step into Singapore for 5-8 years! I think that lady do resemble me.

16. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

Let's see:

That I married my husband because I was pregnant.  I did get pregnannt about 3-4 months after getting married

That I married my husband for his money-What money?

That I do Meth-I work nights and have an hour-and-half commute with mandatory overtime.  Then go to Planter Fitness to work out.  Must be I need Meth to keep me going.

When I was in the Army people thought I was gay because they did not think females should be in the military (I have nothing against gay people)

That I am a Bible Thumper of Holy Roller because I am a Christian

That I got fired when I was on vacation for two weeks

That I won $10,000-well I started that.  I bought one of those fake scratch off tickets and scratched it off and some people at work believed that I actually won

The Best One is I buy my cloths at Kids R Us because I am short

working