jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you a resentful person?

1. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

Are you a resentful person?

2. Faith A Mullen profile image86
    Faith A Mullenposted 4 years ago

I try my hardest not to be! I think we all have to fight feelings of resentment at times, but being resentful ultimately only brings you an unhappy, angry, stress-filled life. Letting things go brings so much more freedom.

3. Theophanes profile image96
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

No, being resentful is holding onto negativity that will ultimately bring your own spirits. It is OK to learn from mistakes and not allow people to hurt you again but there's really nothing positive about being resentful. This is one of the many lessons I have learned in life and try to live by.

4. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 4 years ago

No, I try not to be. Resentment is nothing but a bad remedy for a miserable life. While you're resenting someone, they're going on with their lives - not even giving you a second thought. Life is too short and precious to waste it with resentment.

5. Sweet Epistles profile image76
    Sweet Epistlesposted 4 years ago

Definitely No. I believe people who hold on to resentment are hurting themselves a great deal and they usually don't even see it. They're poisoning their mind and bodies with stress and negative feelings and they're holding back the happiness and contentment and peace of mind that could be theirs if they could only get rid of the clouds and the walls that are holding the positive things back.
    It is not easy to get rid yourself of resentment, but always remember - the person is going through a great deal of pain him or herself. As Longfellow says: "If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." Or resentment, I add.

6. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

Thank you for all your comments so far. I'm neither a resentful person because it makes our life miserable and unhappy as already mentioned in your comments. This question came into my mind when I saw a German TV show about some resentful people. It's so awful!