jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Who benifit more from marriage?men or women?

1. tuteramanda profile image60
    tuteramandaposted 4 years ago

Who benifit more from marriage?men or women?

some feminists said that marriage oppress women,do you believe that? In my opnion,it does not base  on gender,in depends on individual ,both men and women may be harmed by marriage

2. sarahmoose profile image79
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

I think it depends on the relationship and what you bring to it. If the relationship is a loving, caring one, I don't understand why it would be harmful to either party. I don't think marriage oppresses women now, in history it was very different though; you would be expected to give up your own life ambitions and dedicate your married life to serving your spouse. Modern life sees women in work, having careers, and the men staying at home to care for the children. I think both parties benefit from a loving marriage.

3. peeples profile image91
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

In an ideal relationship both benefit equally. How a relationship turns out is only up to the parties involved. I'd like to think that in my relationship my husband benefits from me the same amount I benefit from him even though we benefit in different ways.

1. IslandBites profile image86
      IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree100% with you.

4. cherryseeds profile image60
    cherryseedsposted 4 years ago

every couple is just unique and there is no common formula. however there is some influence from culture to culture and for some cultures women will have to obey men even in ridiculous opinions, that's where females will become victims

1. tuteramanda profile image60
      tuteramandaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

that IS ture,but there also some male victims

working